Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flannel Daddy Thumb posted a new video yesterday, Hi-Point must of sent him a bum 995 cause from his review he could not even get it to shoot and it appears that it broke in under 150 rounds. He gives light hearted reviews of Hi-Points in the past and typically just jokes and beats the hell out of them. This one looked to have issues out of the box. Too bad, I would of really liked him to put one through it's paces. Figured I would share cause it's related and Thumb is a big name in the community. Enjoy peeps

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
So somehow he bent a firing pin? Dropping it on the front sight was just stupid. It is Zamack, I am stunned it didn't break. Big deal kiddies.

Reactions: Newman31B

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So somehow he bent a firing pin? Dropping it on the front sight was just stupid. It is Zamack, I am stunned it didn't break. Big deal kiddies.
He's just a different kind of enthusiast compared to most people. He builds and test his equipment to duty standards and I think setting that bar for Hi-Point is very unachievable and unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Why was he getting so many problems with this Hi Point carbine? When he sends it back to to Hi Point they likely will get it into working condition for him.

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
Why was he getting so many problems with this Hi Point carbine? When he sends it back to to Hi Point they likely will get it into working condition for him.
Hi Point has said (on FB) that they're shipping him a new, fully tested, carbine to review.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It’s all about the clicks.
Bad reviews get more views than good ones, which =$$$
Good reviews are usually to keep whoever is providing free firearms happy to keep free firearms coming.
Want real world feedback? This forum is all you need.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,517 Posts
The first thing I would have done is to lose that donkey dong magazine and tested using the stock 10 round magazine. From what I saw, it all looked to be magazine related.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
The first thing I would have done is to lose that donkey dong magazine and tested using the stock 10 round magazine. From what I saw, it all looked to be magazine related.
How does that equate with a chambered round not going bang, or extracting? They extractor pulled the round out of the chamber, and the firing pin didn't kick it out of the ejection port. Two functions of the firing pin on a HP. Make it go bang, and boot the round out the door.

Sure looks like he bent the firing pin somewhere in the out takes.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Point has said (on FB) that they're shipping him a new, fully tested, carbine to review.
I'll be looking forward to this one, the 9mm Hi-Point review was awesome and he put it through a whole lot of abuse before it finally gave out.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
I get so tired of these "reviewers" beating up on Hi Point and/or comparing them to "my Glock 19" or whatever. "Why my Glock ( or whatever high end gun they shill for) wouldn't (FITB)..." Yeah, maybe, but for the price of whatever gun they're shilling for I could buy three Hi Points and are two friends when the zombies come. And when was the last time one of these jackwads dropped a high end gun on its barrel, stuffed it full of epoxy, smacked the front sight with a rock or dragged it behind a truck? And if they DID, would the manufacturer fix it for free AND send them a new mag for the trouble? Although Taurus and some others are getting closer, this has been the only RELIABLE poor man's gun for a long time - and even the great and mighty Hicock45 and to say 'well, it shoots fine" - even if he did hate everything un-Glock-like about it. Enough with the drama stunts already.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
I Stand With Talon
6,517 Posts
How does that equate with a chambered round not going bang, or extracting? They extractor pulled the round out of the chamber, and the firing pin didn't kick it out of the ejection port. Two functions of the firing pin on a HP. Make it go bang, and boot the round out the door.

Sure looks like he bent the firing pin somewhere in the out takes.
If the round hung up in the magazine and caused a feed issue it could cause the firing pin to get bent. Jams have been known to cause bent firing pins in the HiPoint.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
If the round hung up in the magazine and caused a feed issue it could cause the firing pin to get bent. Jams have been known to cause bent firing pins in the HiPoint.
Gotcha, I have always wondered what caused the problem. He's not used to loading cheesy HP mags.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
Speaking of size designations, completely missing the joke, and taking it literally...

"RFC - Standad Size Classifications | Hi-Point Firearms Forums" RFC - Standad Size Classifications

;)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Posting your misspelled opines about firearm size standads (sic) is just typical nosey civilian trying to force relevance in to a friendly cross-service rivalry conversation. Or maybe you thought you were shipping up to Boston...

Good job, Coasty....I mean, Kirk.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts