Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped into a local gas station and noticed one of the clerks packing a Hi- Point 380 on his side. couldn't miss it ! He was mexican carrying it just behind his belt, not tucked into the pants.

While I was glad to see someone determined to protect himself and the other clerk, I was concerned that he was going to drop it. I asked him if he carried one in the chamber, and he said yes. I asked him if he had a holster for it and he said he didn't like wearing it. I then asked him if he thought it might slip out from behind his belt and discharge if it hit the floor and he said it hadn't happened yet. He started getting defensive so I just paid for my purchase and left.

I like my hi-point 380. A whole bunch of lead downrange and it's never given me any problems. I don't think I'm going to stick mine in my belt and tote it around cocked and safetied. I don't know how they are if they're dropped and I don't want to be a test case.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Why do you think they call it "Mexican carry"???

·
Registered
772 Posts
That is absolutely one of the worst ways to carry. very reckless and begging for ND.
I agree. But not everyone has, or can afford, a decent CCW holster. And most other side carry holsters are duty type and not designed to allow the weapon to be brought into action as quickly as a CCW holster.

JMHO...................YMMV

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
I agree. But not everyone has, or can afford, a decent CCW holster. And most other side carry holsters are duty type and not designed to allow the weapon to be brought into action as quickly as a CCW holster.

Uncle Mikes or Fobus are inexpensive and will allow a fast draw AND are comfortable as well. Tis better to get and use a holster then have a bad accident :wink:

·
1,792 Posts
+1 shooter z

·
Registered
772 Posts

Uncle Mikes or Fobus are inexpensive and will allow a fast draw AND are comfortable as well. Tis better to get and use a holster then have a bad accident :wink:
I'll agree with this also. Unfortunately, you can't stop someone from being stupid. It's all part of the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. At least it appears so for this person. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
man if I was gonna open carry in the environ I would use the fobus or uncle mikes law enforcement slider !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts