Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, you heard it right, I gave my C9 to a friend. There are reasons, of course, but I did it for a good cause.

1. He and his wife are expecting a child, SOON. He had, up until today, no firearms at home to protect his family.

2. His birthday was last week and I missed it..... My bad, but I made up for it.... At least I think I did.

3. The neighborhood he lives in has been rumored to be prone to robberies, break in and home invasion. With a prego wife and no protection other than a knife, he needed it more than me. Besides, I have my DE, 2 1911's and several other pistols to defend my home and family, besides the 4 shotguns and 12 *?* rifles.... I honestly don't remember.

I know he'll never forget it. I'm glad that I could make a positive impact on his life and help teach him some responsiblity when it comes to firearms. He and I are going shooting this weekend, and of course I'll post pics, but he and I went through the gun and I explained everything. I gave him Beemiller info, who to contact, where to go for help if he had a problem. I hope he joins the forum, as I told him about it today. Funny thing. I left work this morning, came home and wrapped the gun in the factory box in a brown paper grocery sack.... I got it back to work and the other co-workers signed the card for him etc.... The only thing the guy could say, other than a heart felt "Thanks Dude!" was "You wrapped this?! Dude, if you can wrap a present this good you must be ****....." LMAO!!!!!! Good friends are hard as hell to find, but I damn sure got a good one.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Good job. I gave my C9 to my sister in law about 6 months back, right before all the lay offs began. The town she lives in, and I used to live there, had a string of increasingly bold daytime robberies for awhile. She is home during the day while her son and his wife work. They had no weapons other than the 10/22 I gave her son for his birthday about a year maybe year and a half ago.

She calls it an extended loan, I call it a gift,.. meh, whatever. Always feels kinda good to help someone out who's worse off than you are.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I took a page from the Stryker1 book of generosity for sure. The good thing about the C9 is that it's affordable enough for me to just go out and buy another one.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Gave mine to a best buddy for Christmas this past year.

Good Karma to all of us!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey my wife is prego...can i get one? (j/k i already have one but another would be nice!)

Thats a real friend! I just got my buddy a .22 he has been wanting for a long time...nothing like helping somebody become a protected citizen. Just make sure your friend isnt like mine and points the barell everywhere BUT downrange! I had to teach him a bit about gun safety!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The day my brother turned 21, he went and got himself a CCP. I was so happy I gave him a compact 1911. I also gave away a 30-30 to my ex's dad. It was an "attemp" to get him back into hunting. But really I just hated pinching my fingers every time I cocked the effing thing.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
The good thing about the C9 is that it's affordable enough for me to just go out and buy another one.
good luck with that, i finally think i found one today at a hillbilly knife shop on the north end of town, LOL.. ups is supposed to be there @12:30....ive been scouring northern NV for a week....even managed to slip a few hundo under the radar from the GF....lol.

its nice to have friends that care. especially friends with guns, LOL

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought he was going to, but I don't know. He just had his baby, so he's off work until the 6th. When I see him next time, I'll ask him.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
The good thing about the C9 is that it's affordable enough for me to just go out and buy another one.
good luck with that, i finally think i found one today at a hillbilly knife shop on the north end of town, LOL.. ups is supposed to be there @12:30....ive been scouring northern NV for a week....even managed to slip a few hundo under the radar from the GF....lol.

Did you try the True Value Hardware in Fernley. 1/2 hour drive from Reno, and they are on HP's dealer list.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yep, you heard it right, I gave my C9 to a friend. There are reasons, of course, but I did it for a good cause.

1. He and his wife are expecting a child, SOON. He had, up until today, no firearms at home to protect his family.

2. His birthday was last week and I missed it..... My bad, but I made up for it.... At least I think I did.

3. The neighborhood he lives in has been rumored to be prone to robberies, break in and home invasion. With a prego wife and no protection other than a knife, he needed it more than me. Besides, I have my DE, 2 1911's and several other pistols to defend my home and family, besides the 4 shotguns and 12 *?* rifles.... I honestly don't remember.

Your a good man Primal, you make us proud

I know he'll never forget it. I'm glad that I could make a positive impact on his life and help teach him some responsiblity when it comes to firearms. He and I are going shooting this weekend, and of course I'll post pics, but he and I went through the gun and I explained everything. I gave him Beemiller info, who to contact, where to go for help if he had a problem. I hope he joins the forum, as I told him about it today. Funny thing. I left work this morning, came home and wrapped the gun in the factory box in a brown paper grocery sack.... I got it back to work and the other co-workers signed the card for him etc.... The only thing the guy could say, other than a heart felt "Thanks Dude!" was "You wrapped this?! Dude, if you can wrap a present this good you must be ****....." LMAO!!!!!! Good friends are hard as hell to find, but I damn sure got a good one.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

Did you try the True Value Hardware in Fernley. 1/2 hour drive from Reno, and they are on HP's dealer list.
i picked it up in carson already. i just remembered im still on the waiting list at the true value in carson city, LOL.....i wonder if i can snag 2 without her gettin pissed.....better not, i just ordered a mosin this week, shouldnt push my luck, LOL

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh no, I am not in trouble, I didn't pay for the 995. Apparently, others can donate money for me to buy guns and that's perfectly fine, when I buy the guns out of my own money is when I get in trouble.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ok so you've covered your wife's thoughts, now what about the 995's feelings about not being included with the rest of the gang? You're gonna need to sweet talk her now so she'll shoot straight for you next time out! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
everyone needs a friend that gives them guns :D there the best kind j/k. seriosly your a good man to help a friend out like that

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.