Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored and posted this in a thread about bug out gear over on shotgunworld.com thought i would share it here also.

This is a British M58 LBE with an old American medium (I think) Alice pack rigged to work as a back pack. I plan on replacing it with the original pack if I can find one without ordering a new set. I know its not the greatest or the newest but it works, is very solid and allows me to carry quite a bit in a rather small package. :D I am not a L.E.O or a soldier (I am sure that's obvious from my gear) I do this mostly for fun, but you never know when you might need something like this and its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
From the front

Left hand mag pouch

Right hand mag pouch contents: Three boxes of 00 buck (assorted but tested for patterns), 1 box of Remington sluggers, 10 round box of Remington #5 turkey shot (for small game hunting) 1 twenty round AK mag, 1 ten round AK mag. On the side of this pouch is a long skinny pocket that contains a mosquito net head cover, filters for my flashlight and a compass.

What I see when I look down :D :twisted: :D

From the back. Rear pockets contents: left side messkit, spare batteries, fire sticks/lighter in water proof bag, magnesium and flint firestarter, pocket survival guide deck of cards, energy bars. Right side contents:gloves binoculars and rifle cleaning equipment small sewing kit more spare batteries, multi tool,map.

The Alice pack contains MRE's, warm clothing, 6 bottles of water and a Czech M10 gas mask with chem hood/spare NBC rated filters.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is where I got the web gear, but they are sold out. The first link is the one I should have ordered but me be frugal I got a buddy to go in with me on the 2pack in the second link

This was selling for $14.99
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-british-military-m58-tactical-set-olive-drab.aspx?a=459608

The set of 2 was $21.99

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=442769this

The Alice pack I have had since I was a little kid. everything else I picked up locally at a surplus store called Uncle Stans

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not to heavy only about 50 or 60 pounds. Just guessing I dont have a scale.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Nice idea SW, I didnt even think of a section of lockers for gun storage.
i got em for free at the salvage yard i used to work at. they came out of the old high school when they tore it down. we had i think about 900 lockers in 10 locker chunks. us guys took the pick of the litter and we crushed the rest.

SW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.