Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK you collector guys. Any info or quesstimate on value ??
K98 43asw bayonetalso has Wa519 marking on top end by locking lug. both bayonet and scabbard have matching numbers. Light rusting on scabbard. blade does not look "to me" to have every been scharpened, except maybe with a stone. No Grinding that I can see.

Thanks for any info you can give me. I am going to a Military Collector's Show this weekend and would like to know the $$ in case I get an offer.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Your bayonet was made in 1943 by a firm called E. & F. Hörster, Solingen, Germany. It has been reworked during the war but it is unclear as the other waffenampt is not that clear. The grips are of the Bakelite variety and are probably original to the bayonet. Of the sources I checked with, I would put the value somwhere between $70 and $125. If you can find someone needing a 1943 bayonet to match their '43 Kar98K, then you will bring the best price. It is a nice example of a mid-war bayonet and if you can't find a buyer at the show then shoot me a pm and I might just take it off of your hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.