Get up and get something accomplished

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OkSlim, Mar 20, 2016.

1. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Back and Neck have been giving me fits with this weather change.
    Wife and I took a good customer/friend and his wife to dinner last night.
    Afterwards, we went by my daughters and her shower is leaking and the toilet in the master bath has a float that won't seal. I haven't been able to sleep.
    For some reason pain pills do that to me .

Anyway, did laundry, folded or hung it up. Cleaned my AO up so the wife won't complain. Binge watching Dare Devil, playing a video game on my ipad and surfing looking for a manly type messenger bag that doesn't look like a murse.

About to go scald myself in the shower. Then either go get a forklift load backrest up at the shop so I can cut it up for a project or go play blackjack till Lowes opens so I can show the SIL how to fix his shower and toilet.

Also managed to field strip and clean the 1911's, run a couple of patches down the bore of the JHP and put some tetra gun grease on the slide.
    Also tore the little .25 down and cleaned it.

Hoping by the time I get through with chores there will be enough daylight left to finally shoot the carbine

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016

2. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I can only imagine all the productive things I can do with my days when my children are grown up.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Loritabs make me mean, and I can't sleep. The docotrs give me a puzzled look when I tell them that. I get meaner than owl sh!t. I got some oxymorphone or something like that after the shoulder surgery which I let at home on Tuesday :mad: I could have used one or 2 times this week.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Perhaps in 3-4 years I can quit taking my sleeping pills and
    do like you are doing all the time. I have that same affliction
    Tesla had, inability to sleep. He got maybe 2-4
    hours of sleep normally, sometimes less, when he was working
    on a new invention. Nikola Tesla was the Greatest Electrician
    of ALL TIME! I am but a humble Sparky :D

5. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

I'd like to know what was in those Tesla papers that the FBI and OSS seized in 1943. A ton of that stuff has been classified or the existence denied for 73 years. He must have truly been ahead of his time for that stuff to still be classified.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Eat a banana, eat some turkey, drink a glass of milk and choke your chicken...........you'll fall asleep...................:rolleyes:

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    HAARP? Or at least what they say HAARP was for...
    Relatively Low-Powered Weather Modification. :confused:

8. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

For the past couple years I have had trouble getting to sleep as well; mainly due to sinus problems. That lead to me not being able to turn my mind off at night to go to sleep. A couple months ago I started taking Zyrtec. After forgetting it a few times in the morning and taking it when I got home from work, I noticed that I slept like a baby all night. Now I've switched to taking it strictly at 5:00 pm, and haven't had a problem going to sleep since. I think that I could probably go to sleep without it now because I've got my body back in the rhythm of sleeping at night, but I still need to take it for my allergies.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    No problem sleeping, But Injuries stiffen up and getting out of bed in the morning is a bit of a task.

10. HFAdmin

HFAdmin Staff Member

What do they have you on? Narcotics keep me awake too. I switched to ultram for my headaches and can sleep through them now. It's nice.

11. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Moonze told me the mole dont have no chicken. Maybe that is why mole tries to choke other's chickens? :confused:
    :rofl:

12. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I sound like a bowl of rice crispies getting out of bed in the morning :rofl:

13. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

I dont sound like that when I get up, but I do remember showing up to the breakfast table hearing that sound a long, long, long time ago! :D

14. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

When I am hurting, I try not to take a pain pill within 5 hours of going to sleep.
    I won't sleep. My wife can take a 1/4 of her lesser pain pill and be asleep in 5 minutes. Don't understand it.

15. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Right now, flexiril, gabapentin and 7.5 mg of Hydrocodone.
    Plus buta/acetami/caf/cod 50-300=40-30-c when I know it is headed towards a migraine.

I also have Percocet and Oxycodone for when it's bad.

I went to a new pain managment dr on friday. He got so pissed. He was looking at a 22 month old MRI of my neck and Xrays of my back.

He told me the radiologist read my neck wrong.

I have a Titanium cage in my back supporting L3,4 and 5.

He ordered new MRI for my neck and cat scan and xray for my back.
    They can't MRI my back obviously.

Anyway, he said he felt he could help me and he felt they would definitely need to go back into my back and do some trimming and adjusting the hardware.

I got my new polesaw and I intended to get enough Hydro codone in me to be able to get on the roof and do some trimming this morning before Easter Festivities. It's raining and the wife has banned me from getting up there.

So right now, I am yelling at the TV over the political talk shows , searching for new gas rings for my DPMS 308 AR10 and new seal kit for my Benjamen .177 pellet rifle.

16. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

I take pain meds also and and every few days like last night I was awake till 4 am.

17. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

From talking to people that I know that take opiods, it seems that people that have the most severe/deblitating injuries can't sleep after taking them and people with less severe injuries that take a lower dose seem to pass out.

That's just random conversations not a medical study but even in this thread it seems to prove out.

Also, timing is everything with me. If I wait till I am hurting, I have to go to the hardcore stuff. If I take them when I feel it coming on, I can take less.

My Regular physician and now this new pain managment dr are saying they feel I would be better off taking a long lasting opiod on a time schedule and get it built up in my system. I have MRI's ,cat scans and x rays scheduled for next week and then an appointment in two weeks with the new dr. I guess we will see. It's just something I have been dealing with for 30 years and I have been under the knife at least 7 times I think.

One of the discs in my neck was leaking fluid and they went in there and cauterized it. That was the last procedure I have had.

I know part of my deal is I hurt so bad so much that I don't do things that I want /need to get done. Then I take a handfull of pills, get some relief and I want to go get things done.

One of the best things I have ever invested in is a three headed shower.

One straight down that is a flood and two on the side that pulsate.
    I turn the hot water as high as I can stand it then stand there letting it puslate on my neck and lower back. I kind of stumble out of bed every morning humped over and get in there and get limbered up.

When I have a project at home or with my kids, it's so hard to just be a supervisor when I can get something done in 5 minutes and they have no clue. I have to talk them through the heavy lifting parts or anything requiring doing much bending around.

18. mreyner

mreyner Member

Cant conplain to your problems mine are much smaller..I just fall out of bed hit the floor crawling to where I need to ge. How ever my wife has had 8 back surgeries and is now fully fused from hip to base of neck and for fun has 2 fused disc in her neck. Her drug bag looks like a pharmacy. Her pain was so bad for 15 years the had here on methodose, mesed her up and drove me crazy:wah: with the effects. Now on fentanal patch works good. Can feel for all you are going through all I can say is if you go under the knife find the best even if you have to go across country, wife was bauched made it worse has been fully disabled for 20 years. Keep the Faith and keep the true friends close.:D

19. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Yeah but then they will go off to college and their vehicles will break down. They will get sick and you and your wife will have to take them medicine and chicken noodle soup.

Then they will get married, have their own kids and you will be spending all your time with them.

Last year, I took my three grand daughters to a fishing tournament. I should have taken a xanax. Trying to keep three poles in the water and not getting a hook in someones eye was exhausting.

[​IMG]