Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got an email yesterday from ati and they said they said that the makers of the gsg 5 are being sued my h&k for patent copying if they win then that will be it for anymore gsg5's coming into this country and should drive up the price of the ones that are left not to mention the price of the ones we now own will go up in value too.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
that will go nowhere. HK is suing over "trade dress" basically its how a firearm looks is a trademark. the court system has been down this road boefore when colt sued about five other gun comapnies for the same thing in regards to the M4/16 family of rifles and trade dress. the courts rejected colts claim so GSG already has court precedent on thier side. HK is suing about 30 different companies from airsoft makers to T-shirt sales outfits over this and i think they are going to lose thier ass on this one. HK already has a bad name for its shabby treatment of US owners and this is only making things worse.

SW

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hope they don't go anywhere's i want to get the rifle and some more mags . then they can do whatever they want. that ak they make is nice too.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
christopher from ATI posted this over on arfcom:

Hello All,

Here's some more news and good news too! Thanks for your continued support.

~Christopher

In the lawsuit filed by HK against ATI and GSG in federal court in Indianapolis, Judge Lawrence recently handed down his decision on our motion to dismiss the Indiana statutory claims.

In our motion, we asked the court to dismiss the Indiana conversion claim, and the Court has done so.

In our motion, we also asked the court to dismiss the cause of action asserted under the Indiana deception statute, and the court has done so.

In our motion, we also asked the court to dismiss the claims asserted under the Indiana forgery and counterfeiting statutes, and the court has dismissed those claims to the extent that they are based upon the appearance of the GSG-5 firearm products. To the limited extent that HK's forgery and counterfeiting claims are based on the product description labels affixed to the ends of GSG's firearms cartons, those claims are not dismissed. However, the court states that, to be successful on those claims, HK will have to prove at trial that those product description labels "purport to have been made by or under the authority of Plaintiff" and that "[w]hether the Plaintiff can prove that element of their claims remains to be seen."

It also remains to be seen whether HK will be successful on any of the other claims remaining in the lawsuit.

Tony DiChario
President and CEO
American Tactical Imports (ATI) Inc.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=291774

SW

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess i'll have time to get that rifle then.lol

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
And, just to be clear...this isn't a BAN, but a denial of production. A "Ban" gives the impression that the law has something to do with this as a firearm, when in fact it's a petty trademark/intelectual property dispute.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
And, just to be clear...this isn't a BAN, but a denial of production. A "Ban" gives the impression that the law has something to do with this as a firearm, when in fact it's a petty trademark/intelectual property dispute.
+1

Recommend that the thread title be changed before somebody jumps in here without reading the thread and says something stupid.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i did misprint the thread title if a mod can change it would be nice thanks!! you know how us ********* talk down here .lmao

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I thought the GSG-5 was so expensive because they were paying royalty fees to H&K? Was I missguided with this information?

On that note. I will say when I read the word banned I instantly thought "law" not "lawsuit". The verbage does make it confusing. But I read the whole thread first.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: get you a gsg5 before they stop selling them

i think they are so pricy because they are made really well. after looking at them and buying one i want to get the rest of the replicas they make like the ak47/1911 these are some nice guns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts