Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting on a new OD green HP .45, i love my C9, anything special care or feeding the .45 :devilsidesmile:, I know the C9 does not like Winchester ammo. how about the .45. Also any extra stuff i should get for it.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
My results are just like S V's. Has eaten everything I've fed it. Just load the mags and let them "marinate" a week or 2 and tap them to seat the bullets and everything should work fine.

Bet you'll like your 45JHP as much as I like mine.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My JHP went staight from the pawnshop to the back 40 and ate 100 rnds of WWB 230grain with no problems (well except for the first round I limp wristed it) I had purchased a new mag when I purchased the gun and both performed flawlessly right out of the box with no spring conditioning. You will be impressed with the accuracy mine shoots better than my 5 inch RIA 1911 ever did and i dumped a bunch of money into it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My JHP 45 Loves Blazer brass as well as S&B
I did have a laser on mine but found I did not care for it I guess it's a preference thing

Have fun and post pics of that bad boy when you get it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just get a HOGUE Handall grip and you're good to go! Fogetabout all that flashlight and laser gewgaw, just shoot it and get good at it. That's what these things are really for.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
when i bought mine i had never shot an auto before... soon as it was sighted in i was grouping fairly tight. and so far i went thru 100 wwb with not one issue, i have some umc and federal eagle irt to try next time out...
only thing to surprise me is after 100 rounds it looked like i stuck the muzzle in a pile of ashes it was very dirty...

·
Registered
799 Posts
WWB is pretty dirty , but no worse than monarch or wolf that covers everything I have shot through mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i haven't owned mine for 2 weeks yet and i absolutely love it. shot perfectly the first day. quite good grouping, and really the kick isnt bad at all. I have put 150 rounds through it without a problem and dont ever foresee a problem. I only loaded the clip 5 rounds at a time (im a reloader so its easier to find 5 rounds at a time, for me at least, pretty new to it) in a week ill start shooting full clips. now im going to get the 9mm for the wife. the addiction is officially on..........

G

·
Thats a sharp looking pistol right there!

As far as what ammo it uses: on my JHP, I have shot WWB, Remmy, Magtech, and Independence ammo through them (yes THEM!).
As far as looking you drug the muzzle end down through coals from a fire: yeah, happens on ALL of the ammo I shot through it.
Now, you got 100 rounds through it with no malfunctions: great! Put more downrange with it!
If you have any more questions, if it malfunctions: let us know

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats on your new .45! You'll love it. I know I love mines. Nice color too. I was going to say put the Hogue Hand All grip on but with the way the grips look now I guess its a matter of perference. I remember that burnt look on the muzzle the first time I shot it. It only happened when I shot it with the Magtech at the range. Blazer didnt do that for me when I took my CC class. Anyway have fun and be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
SWEEEET, mind if i ask what u paid?

i get that smoked-look on the end of mine no matter what i have fed it so far... but i kinda like the look. Almost hate to wipe it off... :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Grats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.