Getting my new AR tomorrow morning...LOTS OF PICS NOW!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Taurus357, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Found a local sale on an AR and after talking back an forth a few days negotionating an AR from a guy locally, this is what I'm ending up with...

New unfired Colt flattop matchgrade upper 16" 7:1 5.56 nato w/pinned flash hider (making it 16")
    Freefloat quaud rail with full rail covers
    used DPMS m-4 lower 6pos stock
    BUIS site
    front grip
    2 mil spec mags
    All built by a local smith.
    Think that's the jist of it. Will have pics up pretty quickly, gonna talk the wife into a trip to the local indoor range to play around with her.

2. Congrats!!!!! Hope it works out well for you!!!

3. Cant wait to see some pics

4. It's like being a kid and having to go to sleep on christmas eve. I know that the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I'll wake up to get my new toy, but I'm looking forward to it so much that sleep will come slow.

5. I'm looking forward to the pics and range report.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

very good I like it. Once you get it get out to the range and T-up some golf balls at different ranges count a how many shots it takes to hit them and play range golf. The AR's are good at this,

Congrats again

7. Gonna have to get that thing ordered when it comes back into stock and maybe get some blanks ahead of time to play with.

8. urotu

urotu Member

Oh man, am I jealous now...

I've been on an AR kick lately, it will bew one of the next guns I purchase/build. Congrats man, now, let's see some pictures.

9. oh oh, and after you get an ar, you can get some glasses before you get that ammunition...I dont pick it up till tomorrow man :-D Sorry, love bein a jackarse! I got... counting... 8.5 hours.

10. Here you go urotu!
    [​IMG]

Will have more later today!

11. urotu

urotu Member

See, I knew you'd be getting shots sooner or later, and you make me sound like a goof, hahaha....

Thanks for the pics man. I love my Saiga, but for some reason have been wanting an AR as of late. Nice gun dude, congrats and happy shooting.

12. Ari

Ari Guest

Very nice indeed!

13. Blew all my sending money and gotta wait till next weekend before I can afford ammo... forgot how expensive the indoor ranges were till I called.

14. Sweeeeeet man I hate you lucky dog.

15. Been saving since christmas to get this bad boy. Sitting pretty in the gun cabinet, between the 995 and the mini14. Gotta order some dies now. Kickin myself for givin primal all that brass since he has been planning an AR for months.

16. Dude, I have been plannin' an AR for over a year. Still waiting on the travel pay to come in, damn it! It's supposed to be a 7 day dispursment...

17. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Lookin' good, homie!

18. I am jealous. That is a weapon I want, but cannot afford.

Don't want one quite like that, though.

19. That's why I've had to save to get it. Sold a bunch of computer stuff, any extra spending money I'd have I would save instead of buying a soda at work or whatever, added up, but slowly. But now I got something to show for it... still no ammo :)