Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the 40 S&W carbine for some time now. One guy says hi point is a worthless investment regardless of which piece - pistol or carbine. Another who I transferred a pistol to a while back says he likes the heck out of it. Is there a middle road? Seems that most comments here are positive. Anyone have really bad news to relate about the 40?
Fortflan

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have the 4095 and like it a lot . So far I have had it over a year and have run a lot of WW white box from Walley World through it with no problems . The bad side is the ammo is going up and the 10 rd. mags seem to empty fast :'( .
I bet the person that didn't like the Hi Points wanted to sell you somethind a lot more expensive.
Spot

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
He's way too far into DPMS Panther 308's with every tactical gizmo you can imagine to consider much else. On the other hand, I just sold him a crappy SKS carbine for close to $400.00. He is amongst the very scared of having someone knock on his door on 1/21 demanding he hand over his toys.
www.twinlakesgunworks.com

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
i love my hp995 and 4095 very much, very fun if not the most fun as they are cheap and acurate go bang everytime weapons. no it's not an expensive high end firearm but for what they are and the price they are in my book well worth the investment. i love going to the range and people stare as i put tight groupings at 100yrds with my good scope on either the 995 or 4095.

that being said i don't prefer the hp pistols. i have never had any luck with them. although i did like having one for clearing jam practice. but then my buddy has one and loves it to death. only has one or two jams a range trip...which compard to mine is80% more reliable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been looking at the 40 S&W carbine for some time now. One guy says hi point is a worthless investment regardless of which piece - pistol or carbine. Another who I transferred a pistol to a while back says he likes the heck out of it. Is there a middle road? Seems that most comments here are positive. Anyone have really bad news to relate about the 40?
Fortflan
I dislike gun fascism. There are only 3 kinds of bad guns: those that won't shoot, or function poorly (these can often be repaired or upgraded), those that are unsafe (these can often be repaired), and those that I don't have. All the rest are good.

I had a guy criticize me for buying a JHP. Thought they weren't good pistols. While I've fired less than 50 rounds through it (only got it a week ago) my impression is that it will go bang everytime, is accurate enough to hit center mass at common self defense ranges, and it delivers the potent .45 ACP cartridge. That's a hell of a lot of last-ditch reliable defensive firepower for $140.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the 40 carbine back on the 10th from Impact Arms - the only place I could find that would accept a backorder. No one else had one at any price except on the auction sites where the prices were/are astronomical. I'm happy to wait for a reasonable price and it will get here when it gets here. I have 4 feet of snow on the ground right now and it is -7, so I'm not going out shooting anything for a while! Take some time to check my website www.twinlakesgunworks.com.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking about getting one, my local pawn shop said hed take 190 for one...Sounds like a good deal. he also has a few 995s for around 200.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking about getting one, my local pawn shop said hed take 190 for one...Sounds like a good deal. he also has a few 995s for around 200.
Wow!!! I only paid $99.95 for my 4095, with a scope.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow!!! I only paid $99.95 for my 4095, with a scope.
where?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts