Ghost Ring on JHP

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by planosteve, Feb 20, 2015.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Well I got to the range today with the JHP and it went well. The Thingmeister grips were great. Even though I thought they would be slick they provided much better grip than the factory grips, and they look a lot cooler to boot.

The ghost ring was not so good for me. I had one hell of time keeping the shots within a six inch bulls eye at 10 yds. Although it was grouping as good as the guy with the HK UPS with a laser in the lane next to mine it was disappointing to me as I can do 2 inches with the standard sights at that range. I also had a bit of an issue picking the sight up quickly which is a major no no in my book. It looks like I will be switching back to the standard sight until I order my Mahan (sp) sight.

Now my next question is I want to get a spare 9mm to back up my CZ. I can smuggle a pistol in to house easier than a long gun so should I go for the C9? Do they still make the comp version? Is there a compact model?
    Also should I get the 8 or 10 round mags?

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The C9 IS the compact version, yes they are making the C9 comp again (last I checked), if you want a low-cost and reliable 9 then the C9 is the way to go, as far as mag size, that's up to you. The 10's don't look bad on the carbines, but they do look a little funky on the pistols.

3. planosteve

Thanks for the info, I was curious as to which mag was more reliable the 8 or 10 round?

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That I can't speak to for the pistols. I've had to do minor tweaks to one 995 mag for a friend but never for his C9 mags and he has both.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have a bunch of carbine mags. They just work. ;) I have no need for a 12lb 9mm pistol. If it is all you can afford? Then buy one. I am rather happy with the 45.

6. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

C9

A C9 has been on my want list for years but I seldom find one for sale in this area. When I do, I'm just not in the mood to buy a new pistol. Gun addiction is funky.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yea, pretty much everyone thinks it sucks on the pistols.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I like it on my 45. But it took getting used to

9. planosteve

With the new gun projects from the guns my mom is giving me I will leave the ghost ring on for a couple more range trips and see if practice does make perfect. I am going to need a new gun safe before I go get the rest of the guns from her as I am out of space at this time. Need to pay the IRS first as they get real pi$$y if you don't pay them.