Ghost Ring on JHP

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by planosteve, Mar 21, 2015.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

As is my normal practice now I had the JHP and a box of ammo in my range bag when I took the 2 new (old) 22's to the range. After I was done shooting the 22's I broke out the JHP. Well to make a long story short I am going to order the mahan sights. Past 7 yards I can't hit crap with ghost ring sight. Under 7 they are great, but I don't want a :zombie: getting that close to me. So I am biting the bullet and after I pay the IRS I am going to replace the sights. I am going to turn this thing into a zombie killer if it is the last thing I do.;)

The other thing is that one of the RSO's came by and was attracted to the JHP due to "Those are some cool grips," his words not mine. I let him run a mag through the JHP and he said that it was the first time he had ever shot one and he like the accuracy and lack of recoil. I don't know if he was converted, but at least he now has some experience with a JHP.

As for the 22's, I think I prefer the 550-1 over the Higgins model 30. Sights and trigger where much better as was the balance.

2. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

This is interesting, so I have a million questions

The Mahan sights are just the rear sights, right? I could not tell from pictures on the internet if they have any dots on them - do they? Are you thinking of replacing the front sight as well?

3. planosteve

Yes it is just the rear sight and everyone that has swears by them not at them.

4. planosteve

Nope front sight will remain the same.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Mahan sights are just the rear sights.
    For an extra fee he'll make two dimples for white dots.

6. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

Cool. I might actually spring for dimpled ones, along with some sort of bright, luminous paint so I can actually see the dots.