Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Which do you use on your hi point pistol, the ghost ring or the standard sight ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
<<I turn it sideways; forget using a sight>> HAHA

I love my ghost ring for shooting longer distance, and even for more pin-point accuracy... but for target acquisition in a hurry? We just don't get along... so I'm back to 3-dots.

Reactions: Millard Tipton

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I voted standard sight(3 dots). I just can't use the ghost ring sight. :no:

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
<<I turn it sideways; forget using a sight>> HAHA

I love my ghost ring for shooting longer distance, and even for more pin-point accuracy... but for target acquisition in a hurry? We just don't get along... so I'm back to 3-dots.
That is hilarious. I'm a fan of three dot myself.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I like the 3 dot sight on my C9. Tried the Ghost Ring on my .45 & found I didn't like & switched back.
I just love the peep sight on my 995 though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
work very well outside in full daylight - but I do most of my shooting at the indoor range and the open 3 dots are superior for that type of shooting.

I think you really need the bright light to created ever the least bit of "ghost".

In the dark it is a pain because you really cannot focus on front sight.

Anyhow, all the experimenting make you a better shooter and teaches you how sight in our own gun.

My C9 is a good gun and I enjoy the bargain basement price and better than average performance.

The looks have really grown on me, and I have come to like the look and feel of this fine firearm.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
ive never shot my C9 in the dark, so i guess i over looked that disadv of the ghost ring sight. Must be slippin' in my old age (30+).
I just put another 100 rds through her and had ZERO problems. The first 100 were WWB factory fresh and gave several misfeeds. This last batch were reloads, loaded to win specs w/ win powder and brass but slimmer FMJ slugs (115gr). Picked up at the last gun show.
At 10 yards we were exploding lemon sized green apples using the ghost rings.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'll only own up to the regular sites. The JHP is to heavy to "thug" shoot sideways and when I did it with the C9 there were no witnesses. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi allmy son and I was goingtotry the ghost sight but have not as yet. My son hasthe JHP 45 and I just pick up my C9 9mm Sat. afternoon. We are going to head to the range soon to see how the 9 shoots have win 115 gr fmj in the white box. as soon as I can afford it will set upfor reloadin the9. All I have shot inthe 45 is hand loads. so far the 200 gr. swc shoot the best.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have the ghost rings on my c9 and I think it helps you aim better during training... But I need to get around to putting the 3 dot on mines... any way to make them more visible at night while I'm at it?

·
Banned
453 Posts
Three dot sights are faster on pistols. Ghost ring are good for rifles though. You can try glow in the dark type sight paint (not sure how well it would work on that plastic). It may be better just to go with white dots for low light coinditions. Something to think about with night sights. If its that dark you may not see what your shooting anyways (thats bad). You could mount a flashlight or carry one seperate useing the cross arm hold.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I carry a big assed Maglight for that purpose... but about the sights.. I need to find them.

·
Banned
453 Posts
Try Brownells. They have the paint. I think you have to charge it though with a light. If you go this route I would suggest you take a very small drill bit and drill out the rear sight dots for more paint. More paint will give you a brighter charge. Take your time and it will come out very nice.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts