Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Which do you use on your hi point pistol, the ghost ring or the standard sight ?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
Thanks.. I have the iron sights but I took them off in favor of the ghost sights.. Good news is after training with them.. I can hit center mass at about 100 feet (the limits of the indoor range I used to practice at) so they can be useful.

· Banned
4,022 Posts
I will tell you this I worked nights as an armed security guard. I found that for night shooting standard sights work better.

IF you intend to use it as a defence weapon I urge you keep the standard sights on it, in a low light environment you will NOT be able to hit the target

· Registered
3,595 Posts
I will tell you this I worked nights as an armed security guard. I found that for night shooting standard sights work better.

IF you intend to use it as a defence weapon I urge you keep the standard sights on it, in a low light environment you will NOT be able to hit the target
+1 on that. I was a armed security guard too. In a few BIG warehouses, low light, that I had to check out every few hours...you can't see crap in there. I always had a Mag Light with me. I mean, holding the mag light in my left hand and the gun in my right hand.

· Registered
660 Posts
I'm actually going to take them off tomorrow. Call me lazy but I work 7 days a week and I haven't been at the range in over a month. I think I got a little free time tomorrow

· Registered
198 Posts
I like a ghost-ring type of sight on rifles but not so much on pistols. I really like them on the Ruger Mini 14s we use at work(NCDOC). Trying to hit center mass at 100yds with a ghost-ring type sight is a snap. It's hard enough to get on target in the heat of the moment why add to the mix?

· Registered
251 Posts
I prefer the standard sights over the ghost ring, personally. The standard sights are easier to pick up quickly for me. I plan on re-painting them white also. What white paint do you recommend? I thought about getting some touch up paint from an automotive store (already comes in a small bottle with a small brush).

· Registered
660 Posts
I went to change the sight yesterday... The screwdriver that came with my gun has dissapeared.. :cantlook: WTF And I don't have anything that would replace it. or I'd feel comfortable using in its place... LOL Any suggestions aside for calling the mother and maybe getting a free mag? Just kidding :D

· Premium Member
790 Posts
Try using model paint from a Hobby store or some nail polish.
I used some orange nail polish on my Buckmarks front sight & it has held up very well through 2 cleanings. Plus, my wife has a bottle of it for touchup or I could change it to any of her different colors. Purple sights, just think about ^-^

· Registered
660 Posts
UPDATE.. Finally changed my sights... Advice:DON'T use eyeglass screwdrivers. They're too small and I just torqued out 2 of them changing my sights. :cantlook:

· Premium Member
37,192 Posts
I thought that might be the case. I use the Leatherman Micra that is my keychain to do it...two sizes of flat blade and a phillips thing makes it work for every gun i own.

· Registered
4 Posts
only put lil less than 200 rounda through my new c9. opt'd for the ghost ring after only 30/40 rounds. did alot better with ghost at 50+ yards but not as good under 25 yards. small 1-2 foot spread withsome wild ones (probably user error) across local river at an old abandoned wood shack which is about 300 feet if not more wide. ghost great at distance but i can see what people mean by it not being best for a quick shot. not as easy to acquire a target with but i believe much more accurate overall. if u got good shot, cover and can wait to pull, ghost ring the way to go. need quick acquistion go wit 3dot. ima still stick wit the ghost just add the laser for the close targets :D

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.