Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone actually use the ghost ring on their c-9? I'm thinking about trying it out. Any pro & cons? I'ed like to hear them. Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes I use the ghost ring on my c9 and I like it very much. IMO it helps me aquire the target faster and my eyes are not what they use to be it helps me see the sights.

·
Premium Member
36,071 Posts
I'm the other way, I tried the ghost ring, and it fuzzed my sight picture so bad I couldn't see the front sight well, and I LOVE peep sights! But had to go back to the open sights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a type of rear sight that resembles an O instead of a U. Some people swear by them, saying that it aids in faster aiming in tactical shooting applications, but open sights always worked fine for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I tried it , but didn't care for it. Thats just me. Be sure and mark where your original sight sat, it makes makes re-sighting much cheaper.
John

·
Registered
24 Posts
I completely forgot that it came with that, I'll have to give it a try sometime.

·
Registered
799 Posts
o ok.ya i think i rather keep it origanle.the laser is messy that they sell for them and i dont think i need a laser if im being robbed,would be close contact.plus my brother has a glock with a laser cost about 2 or 300 and its mounted inside.id rather have it inside if i did want one.only think ill be putting on my 9 is the rubber grip you guys showed me.and maybe a missle launcher on the side of it

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
i use the ghost ring because i find it easier to aim using the front post for follow up shots.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I've never seen a C9 with the ghost sights, so I gotta ask, do they stick out further then the normal sights? Are they more exposed?

I like the ghost sights on my 995, but if the ghost sights on the C9 are the same ones, I'd be worried about knocking them around.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The ghost sights aren't too much more exposed than the open sights. My experience is that they do help for faster target acquisition nut they suck at night.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
The ghost sights aren't too much more exposed than the open sights. My experience is that they do help for faster target acquisition nut they suck at night.
you do get better target acquisition with them, but they're not target shooting sights. I like my regular old sights on all guns. Unless its scoped.

·
Premium Member
36,071 Posts
ahil925, they are basically a small plastic ring that sits on the same sort of base as the regular sight, so they thread onto the same screw. They stick out a little, but there is no protective sides like the 995 has, and FAR less adjustment. They are barely noticeable. But a lot easier to collapse or break off if left in the toolbox or crushed into a skull... :angel:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hehehehe...if ammo keeps going up, braining someone with your weapon may be the ONLY way to use it. Maybe it's a GOOD thing HP's are so heavy.... :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use it...better accuracy but a little longer target acquisition time.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for your great feed back! I got out with my son today and used the ghost sight for the first time, we both agree that we like it! but it's too hard to sight in with two sets of eyes. So I may have to get him his own C-9.!!!!

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Thanks everyone for your great feed back! I got out with my son today and used the ghost sight for the first time, we both agree that we like it! but it's too hard to sight in with two sets of eyes. So I may have to get him his own C-9.!!!!
Now try it at night you will find you can't see a target to hit it . If this is to be your nighttime weapon [as was mine] you will have a hard time trying to see the target. I used mine as an armed security guard working nights that's how I found out.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm sure your right about the night time thing (shooter) especially with these tired old eyes of mine. That's why I keep the jcp 40 close at hand after dark! It's my favorite!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.