ghostring vs threedot

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by gibby62766, Nov 20, 2014.

1. gibby62766

gibby62766 Member

On my 45jhp pistol I've found that the three dot is much more accurate .The benefit of the ghostring is if u need to fire quickly than you basically just need to see the front sight through it and you'll probably hit your target.personally i like the three dot better.

2. Hokieman1987

Hokieman1987 Member

On a pistol, I like 3 dot. On a rifle I prefer ghost ring.

3. gibby62766

gibby62766 Member

I have an old 7mm mauser with the flip up sights its so accurate i can't find it in my heart to change it its my deer rifle so id like a scope

4. I like the three dot for pistols also. I only have one pistol with ghost ring sights and that is because I have been too lazy to change them, it is a range only pistol.

But to be honest I don't use the sights when I'm doing self defense drills with my pistols. What I mean is at ranges of 2-5 yards the sights aren't needed to hit a man size target in the chest. One of my instructors in a hand gun class had filed off his sights on his 1911 and when we asked he joked that if he had to use it lining up the sights was a waste of time muscle memory was enough to get the firearm pointed to the right spot.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Since I can't actually see through the ghost ring in any situation, it's got no benefit at all, to me.:p

6. gibby62766

gibby62766 Member

I shot my 45acp today n with the wind n snow here in western pa I'm gonnna put my ghost ring back on till summer

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Could you see snowflakes landing on that big, slow bullet?...

8. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Did he just say "big, slow, Bull. . .?"

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Bullet!....... Bullet!......

10. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

11. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Me too. Actually, the three-dot sights on the Hi Points are very good. I like the color difference, makes it easy to see the front sight.