Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I just got me a Hi-Point a couple days ago. First off I love it.
Number one reason for purchasing this handgun is the fact that its Made in America.
I got the Hi-Point C9. I also just got my Conceal Carry permit.
This leads to my question.
Has anyone had any experience with Glaser Safety Slug?
I was looking at: Glaser Safety Slug 9mm +P 80 gr

Will the Hi-Point perform with these rounds if I ever had to rely on it?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i have used to have glasers in my home defense pistols....XD40 on the bed stand. they do what they say they will do. we did the gelatin test and it was incredible, would not want to get shot by one. on the other hand, i do not carry them in my every day carry as i want penetration. so you have a stand off, do you want the penetration and go through the wall and kill your child or the neighbor in the next appt? soo my answer is the Hornady critical defense, penetration in a body with clothes but supposedly will not go so far as to kill the 70 y/o guy next door. opinions?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
:welcome: aust10n!!! I have shot some .357 mag Glasers and they are NICE. I have seen other people shoot other cal. of Glasers and I would say, Glasers are GOOD. :yes: ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome.
Thanks for the replies. I understand what you are saying roadkill.
I'm going to have a couple magazines set up. One for home defense, and one for conceal carry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, I'll have to check out those Hornady.
I found a good deal on some 80grain Glaser rounds.
6 for $12.
I assume this is good. I learned about these from a co-worker who said they are normally $30 for 6rnds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Magsafe Defender loads myself in my 40 and 380 and swat loads in my 38. Of course I keep an extra mag of my 40 filled with Hydrashoks, just n case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts