Glock 19/995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by Stock, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Stock

Stock Member

At the range today-my 5 yr old Glock 19 v. 6mo old 995. 100 rounds of reload garbage through the Glock. 50 rds of new Federal in the 995. Same story since I bought it-Glock is flawless- the 995- 6 ftf or fte.

Im tired of the excuses-the mags(all factory) or other internal functions are defective no more doubt-If you cant trust your weapon- all it is =an expensive toy-it could cost your life.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I'm gonna grab a beer and sit back and tap refresh for this one.

3. So you don't like your Hi Point, sell it, trade it, or give it away. I'll take it, just ship it to me, and your problem is solved.

But then if I have a problem I will send it to Mom to have it fixed for free.

4. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i'm out of beer so I'll buy your hp off you.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Since you actually have the Glock...may I suggest you stop being ridiculous and just use the Glock for SD?

You do know...most folks have enough sense to realize that, after one gun, the rest are ALL toys.

Have you tweaked the mags?

Checked that you didn't bend the firing pin?

Tried ANY other ammo?

Funny story...I have a buddy, good ol' boy, drives a propane truck, hauled his 18 foot Bayliner Open deck boat from Utah to Cali, just so he could say he had put his boat in the ocean.

He had a Glock 17, and a C9. The Glock wouldn't work right.
    After two trips to get the Glock fixed, he sold it. Still has the HP.:cool:

Point being...don't bash stuff until you put the time into making it right. No brand has 100% reliability.

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Stock...... I prefer a treble hook instead of a single double barb.

7. I had the same issue with Glocks,,,That's why my pistols are H&K or Sig. Never owned a Hi point pistol but never had a issue with their carbines. Ive just bought 2 kel tecs s2k's. Hoefully they will run as good as the hi point. Only reason I bought the kel tecs is for higher capacity's.

Edit; I did just buy a M&P 40 to use as a truck gun,,IMO Glocks are over rated but I guess they are all right if your on a budget.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I keep telling myself I need to tie a treble hook fly or two:p

But catch and release could get complicated that way.:(

Guess I could mash the barbs closed.:rolleyes:

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

100% agree.......

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Yea, you better get rid of it. Send it my way.......:cool:

11. I asked first...:mad:

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Sell it, give it away or whatever, (maybe try and get it running?) or even
    *Ask For HELP!!!*
    Otherwise, be quiet and don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! :D
    *If you are here for HELP,
    Welcome to HPFF!!! ;) :D

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  14. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

On a budget compared to what? A Wilson Combat Beretta 92 or 1911? Glocks are like $5~600

You want a glock on a budget, get an sd9/40ve.

Perhaps he doesn't know who we're referring to when we say that. He might be wondering why his mom would know anything.

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    He probably has neither a Glock nor a 995. The description of the incident gives the impression that he decided to just pick two guns that will fire everyone up and then concocted a generic tale about a range trip where one worked but the other didn't.

He is probably about 15 years old and is doing his best to imitate the conversations of others he has read before.

If he does write back, he'll say that he has 30 or more years of shooting and has shot more guns than anyone here. The entire thing is becoming pretty close to scripted. Everyone like this person thinks that he is the first to write such posts and then follow it up with an attempt to convince everyone that his some operator or IPSC champion.

16. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I browsed his post history briefly and it looks like he's posted the same post each time he's started a thread.

So, yeah, probably a kid posting just to start ****. Kinda like going on a Ford forum and saying his Ford was junk, but the chevy he has is so much more dependable.

17. Fix Or Repair Daily, or First On Race Day

Take your pick.

18. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hmmm...all of my Hi Points, carbine included, work just fine. So do the two Glocks I own. Maybe it is operator error?

Just don't understand folks who come on a Hi Point forum, and say they suck big ones...unless, perhaps, they are trolling for an argument? :rolleyes:

19. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I can't believe anyone here would do that...... BwahahahahahaAAAA!.....

20. happpypuppy

happpypuppy Member

I have a glock 23 and a 4095 in 40
    As well. I am really good with the glock at 15 yards all are in the black.
    At 25 not so much.
    At 50-75 it's about 40% at my very best black if I go slow.

The 1495 wit the excellent are all in the black without trying to 75 yards.

Both have not had not a problem with
    PMC ammo.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015