Glock 1911 ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by 556, Sep 18, 2015.

1. 556

556 Member

Tell me this is a Joke lol

[​IMG]

2. Kiln

Kiln Member

Absolutely 100% fake. Glock already has plenty of people buying their blocky guns with terrible grip angles without trying to expand into an already saturated market that it doesn't belong in, which is clones of the 1911.

Also, the first place I read about the Glock 1911 was on April first. Just saying.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's totally a joke.

Not sure if this pic is shopped or if the owner did some custom grips and engraving just to have a laugh. But, in either case, Glock isn't making any 1911's and probably never will.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I'd love to have a 1911 slide custom engraved like that, along with the grips. That actually might be something fun to have done to a 1911 in the future.:cool:

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

these photos surface a couple times a year they are always funny. I personally expect a glock carbine next. The head of glock in america was on a podcast a couple years ago where he acknowledged the single stack 9 and glock carbine were ideas that they were listening to. it was one of those wink and a nudge things so i'm holding out hope.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I think that Glock entering the PCC market would shake things up a bit. Given Glock's typical price point, I don't think it'd be competitive with Kel Tec's Sub2000, but it would likely take some of the Sub2K customers away, even at the higher price. But it'd probably be price-competitive with most offerings on up from there like the Beretta, Taurus, H&K, and the AR-ish offerings.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The Best Glock carbines would be the LWD ARs that use the mags ;)

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

A Glock carbine would simply open the floodgates for a new generation of fanbois.

9. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i don't really know if it would take the s2k market share away because it is so unique although the gen 2 is supposed to be much more easily produced so maybe their crazy market conditions will let up a bit. I know that there are several carbines that take glock magazines like the just right carbines and the lone wolf offering but I don't think either of those has taken off like the s2k has.
    Even the mectech uppers haven't taken off like i thought they might.

I go pick up my s2k today and plan on purchasing a second one for my wife when and if they bring the xd magazine variant to market later this year or next.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The U.S. is already awash with fanbois. I doubt a few more would change anything. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Not necessarily Market Share, because they're already easily selling every one which they make. But it undoubtedly would take away certain customers. I know of a great many S2K owners (and people wanting one) who specifically want a PCC that shares magazines with their Glock Handgun. Presumably, a Glock made PCC would share mags with one or more of their existing handgun line (and the "Safe Action Trigger" and the other Glock features). Those people who are primarily interested in magazine compatibility would have more incentive to stay within the confines of Glock manufacturing.

Sure. If "magazine compatibility" is merely a nice feature or is handy because the mags are ubiquitous.

But it is unavoidable that a Glock entry into the PCC market would siphon away some customers of other PCCs. Would it be a devastating or debilitating blow to the others manufacturers? Probably not to most of them. It's a pretty big market segment. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. lsi1

lsi1 Member

its all vapor ware and speculation for now anyhow but still probably where glock goes in the next 5 years or so. Next year will be the glock 44 which will be the single stack .40 then the 45 the single stack 357 sig and if they really wanna stretch the run the 46 45 gap or maybe 10mm.

In a way i admire their marketing scheme they bring everything out in stages that results in their fanbois buying each and every one. I admit i've avoided fondling the 43 so far because when i do i'll want one but till then i have convinced myself that i like my lcp for pocket carry just as much as i'd like a 9mm. Plus in that size gun i like the shield.

13. Think1st

Florida
    They already have a single-stack .45. It's the G36, and it's been around for awhile. I'm not sure how much longer they'll continue to be, though, with the introduction of the 30S.

14. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i meant the 45gap not 45acp because clearly we can't let the gap round just die.

15. Think1st

Florida
    In the .45 category, a Glock-manufactured PCC would definitely take market share from Beretta and H&K. The magazines for those are not prolific, and they are expensive. Also, SGM Tactical makes hi-cap .45 magazines (26 rounds IIRC) for the G21 that would be great for a carbine. There are no hi-cap .45 options for the other carbines that I can think of off the top of my head.

16. The round will not die, just the availability of guns supporting it. 32 H&R is not dead, but I don't know too many guns still being chambered for it. 32-20 is not dead, just a small following, again no guns being built for it. Personally I love the 32-20, but a new gun is just not going to happen.

The gap is actually a great round for double stack, just it cannot compete with 45 acp. Especially with the .40 having similar energy with a higher capacity.

I highly doubt that Glock would ever make a 1911 clone, unless the company splits up, or Gaston expires from his romps with girls just out of the cradle.

17. mej24

mej24 Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  18. Rerun

Rerun Member

Woof!

Those prices! They are mighty proud of them. The Southpaw model goes for nearly $1500 bucks!

I could buy an AR for that amount of money, or THREE Hi-Point Carbines, in three different calibers!

Yup. I'll be stuck with 9-10 round magazines, unless I buy a .45 ACP model, then I could modify USGI .45 ACP magazines some of which hold 15 rounds.

Still...

eldar

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    +1 this! ;)

:rofl: Nah, that's a proven "fountain of youth"!
    Ever heard of Hugh Hefner? Tony Curtis? :D :D

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    That sum-buck better have a plastic-fantastic frame! Which someone does make now, BTW...
    [​IMG]