Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you rate that model as far as ergonomics/size in relation to say a G19 or 23?
I've only owned a 22 and 23, both 40SW calibers; never a 19. The 22 was a full size 40 and the 23 a compact. The 30 is a compact 45.It's a tad heavier and has more bulk than the 23. The 23 actually recoiled more than my 30. Ergonomics was the best on the 22 but I decided to give up some of that for concealability and power of the 30. But, they're all 3 excellent pistols and I feel very comfortable carrrying a loaded 45 acp, concealed, safe action pistol.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Cool and congrats!

Let us know how she shoots. Love Glocks, but I don't own one-- I really was drawn to the G29 until I shot it-- looked cool and een though I have smaller hands, it wasn't comfortable to hold and shoot--

Wierd though, I have shot and would love an XD9SC and they look to be smaller than the SC Glocks-- maybe the grip angle, who knows-- either way, I will never talk crap about Glocks-- their is a reason a big portion of the PDs in the US carry them--

They just plain work!!

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I love my 17, it's definitely my favorite pistol to shoot. Glock really knows what they are doing when it comes to those guns. The compact ones are such cute little guys haha. My hands are too big for the compacts, but if you can use it well then I'm sure it's easier to conceal, though my 17 works very well on my side.

I've never shot a Glock in .45 before. How's the grouping at say 15 yards? I'm not the best pistol shooter by any means, but with my 17 I can keep 8/10 in a human head target at 15-20 yards. I tried from the 25ish range and only got 3/10. Of course a full size will be more accurate anyway, but I'm still curious to see how well it would do.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I practice at a human silhouette target that is no more than 10 yds away. I figure if I shoot someone beyond that, I may be in deep legal poo poo. Anyway, aiming at centermass, the Glock groups very nicely,has low recoil and feels nice in the hand. It's functioned 100% so far w/ball and hollowpoints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.