Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TFB is reporting patents by Glock for an Assault Rifle

Is It Happening? GLOCK Assault Rifle Patents Emerge
It’s often been asked “why don’t GLOCK make rifles?” and time and time again we’ve heard rumours and even had a few hoaxes about a GLOCK Assault Rifle entering the market. But last month a couple of interesting new patents from GLOCK were published. It appears that GLOCK engineers have been hard at work on a rifle-caliber design for at least a couple of years.​
[...]​

Full story here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
is GLOCK actually calling it an assault rifle? I certainly hope not. And if they are not, why are we?

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
is GLOCK actually calling it an assault rifle? I certainly hope not. And if they are not, why are we?
AGREED. We should not use the verbiage of The Enemy. It is a semiautomatic rifle. I hope that they do. The industry is highly saturated with semiauto rifle producers but maybe with Colt losing the patent on the AR Platform, they want to be a US/NATO producer. I'm not apposed to it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The patents specifically mention geometry and configurations in the ejection system reducing time between firing actions (firing cadence) in "burst-fire or continuous-fire mode" (~Fig 5 in the first Patent, 0427-[0031])

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is GLOCK actually calling it an assault rifle?
Not yet. At least not that I can tell.

I certainly hope not. And if they are not, why are we?
Because Patent EP3800427A1, section [0031] describes the "lower housing 10" as being designed to accommodate a "cadence" consistent with "the delivery of bursts of fire or in continuous firing mode." AKA, an actual Assault Rifle.

Besides, who honestly believes that if Glock is indeed designing a carbine of this sort that they wouldn't be going after the M&P market first, which requires FA/Burst? You know they would.

So, yeah, I don't think it's unfair to believe it's an Assault Rifle

AGREED. We should not use the verbiage of The Enemy. It is a semiautomatic rifle. I hope that they do. The industry is highly saturated with semiauto rifle producers but maybe with Colt losing the patent on the AR Platform, they want to be a US/NATO producer. I'm not apposed to it.
Assault Rifle is not the verbiage of the enemy. You're probably thinking of "Assault Weapon." I find it highly instructive, and also very frightening, that we here in the educated pro-2A community have come to the point where the terms "Assault Rifle" and "Assault Weapon" are synonymous.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts

Because Patent EP3800427A1, section [0031] describes the "lower housing 10" as being designed to accommodate a "cadence" consistent with "the delivery of bursts of fire or in continuous firing mode." AKA, an actual Assault Rifle.

Besides, who honestly believes that if Glock is indeed designing a carbine of this sort that they wouldn't be going after the M&P market first, which requires FA/Burst? You know they would.

Assault Rifle is not the verbiage of the enemy. You're probably thinking of "Assault Weapon." I find it highly instructive, and also very frightening, that we here in the educated pro-2A community have come to the point where the terms "Assault Rifle" and "Assault Weapon" are synonymous.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

No one needs to educate me, about anything. I have seen and heard both terms used in The Liberal Media. That's why I call it the terms of The Enemy. I don't call any of my weapons "Assault Rifles/Weapons". It's a carbine or a M4. I stick with the military definition of a "assault weapon".

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
So, is this new Glock rifle going to be something along the lines of a striker-fired Kel-Tec SU-16?

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Looks like a folding stock with no buffer spring/buffer.

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
It's interesting to note that many in the 'woke' law enforcement community refer to their assault weapons (full automatic) as PDW's (personal defense weapons) and any semiautomatic firearm in civilian hands as Assault Rifles....

eldar

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
I'm sure an 80% is in the works for this one as we speak!!!

Looks different ish.

Would like to see a real prototype.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I wonder if Glock has possible intentions to sell this as a platform to other countries for military or LEO? Beretta doesn’t sell a lot of CX4 Storm carbines in the U.S. but sold quite a few to Indian, Russian, Italian & Venezuelan military/LEO.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
Funny thing. In the German language news and advertising, it’s called a Sturmgewehr. Assault weapon, or assault rifle.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Funny thing. In the German language news and advertising, it’s called a Sturmgewehr. Assault weapon, or assault rifle.
The literal translation is "Storm Rifle" , storm as in "storming the castle/fort/defenses".. synonymous with attack/rush and equivalent to assault in English language.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
The literal translation is "Storm Rifle" , storm as in "storming the castle/fort/defenses".. synonymous with attack/rush and equivalent to assault in English language.
Yeah....that's why I used the word "assault". Calling it a "storm rifle" would be silly.

NEVER use literal translations unless you know the connotations and denotations in the original culture.

Otherwise you may decide that "shock troops" all carry a taser! 🤣

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Yeah....that's why I used the word "assault". Calling it a "storm rifle" would be silly.

NEVER use literal translations unless you know the connotations and denotations in the original culture.

Otherwise you may decide that "shock troops" all carry a taser! 🤣
We do have "stormtroopers" :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts