Glue

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by miket, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Picked up my 995ts today. Pealed off the warning stickers from the stock. One came right off while the other left me with a bunch of glue on the stock. Any ideas. I tried hot water and brake clean (solvent}. Maybe bug and tar remover?
    Thanks
    Mike:confused:

2. desertrider

desertrider Member

Same here.

I got most of the sticky residue off when I pulled the decals, but a little was left behind. I'm not too picky about the appearance of my guns so I just left it.

I thought about rubbing some WD-40 on it, but never got around to it.

I definitely wouldn't try to scrape it off.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

soap and water took the decal residue off mine.

4. colthrash

colthrash Member

the remaining glue is to insure a good cheek weld...

5. I would leave it if my hand didn't stick to it. Think i'll try the soap and water deal

6. That's it.:D

7. Tchort

Tchort Member

Rubbing alcohol works good on sticky residue left by vehile emblems. They that. Better that that goo be gone junk.

8. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

i had the same problem with the TS i bought a cpl months ago. it's pretty strange that they cant get these two stickers to be consistent with one another. either should both be easy to remove or both be a PITA but why one and not the other? just like the mag issues i'm sure they'll never address it.......and btw, you could try goo-gone.

9. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

any of these will take the glue right off !!!

soap & hot water

WD-40

Goof -Off

alcohol prep pads

10. rickm

rickm Member

i use zippo lighter fluid when ever i need to remove glue left by removing decals

11. WD-40 then wash with soap and water.
    Thanks all.
    Mike

12. Etechonline2002

Etechonline2002 Member

Goo gone then use windex to get the left over goo gone off. Use a clean rag not a paper towel.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

13. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

Alcohol wouldn't remove mine but a shot of WD-40 did.

14. Kronos

Kronos Oppulent Disparity Member

I would recommend one of the above. Zippo fluid is also Naphtha. So if you have a can of Naptha in the garage / shed, you can use that.

Another thing to use, and it may sound funny but works, peanut butter.

15. desertrider

desertrider Member

That ain't no joke! I was gonna recommend this, but decided against it.

About twenty years ago I was leaving for work early in the morning and walked into the garage without turning the lights on and walked right into a low hanging fly strip.

For those unfamiliar with fly strips, they are super sticky two foot long ribbons. Well I walked face first into it and it stuck to my beard from the right side of my chin to the top of my head.

I tried pulling it off, but being that it was summer time, the glue was warm and extra sticky. Hurt like hell when I tried to pull it off, and I didn't want to shave it. This was before the era of the internet, so it's not like I had the research tools we have today at my disposal. I tried warm soap and water, nail polish remover, nothing I had at home seemed to work.

I decided to go to the nearest 24hr grocery store (Food 4 Less) and walked in to find something that might work. It was still early enough for there not to be too many people in the store. I walked to the first checker I saw and asked if she could recommend something, and after a good laugh at my expense, as I stood there with a fly strip pasted to my head, she said to buy a jar of peanut butter and rub it all over the affected area.

Worked like a charm, and, I had the softest and shiniest hair and beard of my life if I do say so myself.:D

16. Kronos

Kronos Oppulent Disparity Member

Oh man rider! I can't imagine trying to pull that sucker out of a beard. That's def a story to tell the grandkids, lmao.

You mentioned nail polish remover (Acetone). I want OP to know that while this will work for removing his problem, not to use it. Acetone has a bad habit of doing bad things to plastics.

Still laughing over that fly strip. Can't imagine the cashier's face.

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Peanut butter has lots of "peanut" oil. Olive oil works too.

PS, DO NOT use goo gone on a new LED TV to remove the stickers from the shiny black plastic on the front, it melts/dissolves the plastic, ask me how I know?

18. COZ2215

COZ2215 Member

Thanks for the Tip " Olive oil" worked like a charm.. Wife had some out by the stove, swiped a cotton ball. All done in 20 seconds.

19. peanut butter will also get bubble gum out of hair. If you have kids you probably have had gum stuck in their hair at one time or another.

20. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

The stuff mentioned that works are oil based so pretty much anything with oil will do the job.