Gluten Free Emergency Kits

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by Branth, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Branth

Branth Member

I came across these guys just a bit ago. It looks like a pretty decent deal, especially compared to the rest of the freeze-dried food market. Most places like Wise Foods et al are going to tell you this bucket is good for 30 days, but what they don't tell you is that they're only counting on you eating maybe 700 calories per day, which is essentially a starvation diet. You'll last less than half that long if you're actually doing anything but sitting in the corner and waiting for help. I've been on the lookout for a good solution that gets you proper calories and nutrition for a reasonable price, and this company might fit the bill. I ordered a couple things to try out, and I'll keep you updated on what the results are.

http://www.glutenfreeemergencykits.com/

Here's what I like about them:
    - Solid mylar pouches should hold up well.
    - 15 year shelf life
    - Around 1000 calories per package at as low as $5 apiece
    - Excellent price

What I don't like:
    - Gluten free? Some of these have pasta. They might taste nasty - We'll see.
    - They call for the addition of meat or other ingredients sometimes, though you can of course make it without. It's a bit tricky in advertising, though, because you assume the chicken skillet dinner is gonna have chicken in it, but it sounds like it basically has chicken bullion and wants you to add chicken breast.
    - Relatively unknown company to me, and I have no way of verifying that their product will actually hold up over the long term.

Has anyone else heard of these folks or tried their stuff?