Go To 3:00 In This Video

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Feb 21, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

No news on the HiPoint home site. Not that I have a need for this. :rolleyes: Some of you freaks might! :p

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlHGR8CpH0[/ame]

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Not on hipoint site. It is on the sister site under optics.

3. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

His opinion is worth what you pay for it.

And you know what they say about opinions and a$$holes.....

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

I do! I am an opinionated a$$hole. Just not an opinionated aJole :p

5. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

20 Years ago people spoke poorly about Glocks like he did about the HP's.

When you pointing a Gun at a thug he doesn't care how much you spent, so using money and cost as a quality factor in a firearm is silly and I'll be happy to sell you any of my HP's for 8 times what they cost to make you feel better.

FYI went to a local gun show and the HP carbines were going for $349.00 here in Fl.

6. noonster

noonster Member

Ohio
    easy to figure him out: inexpensive = bad. real expensive = good. definitely not one of us peons.

7. tjulian

tjulian Member

Sorry, but after watching a few of this guy's videos on you tube, I opinionated he was an idiot.

Of course that is my opinionated opinion. :D

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

I guess I needed to state the reason for posting this. It was for the factory optics mount for all you gadget freaks.............;)

9. Sometimes like a broken clock he is on, many other times his snobbery gets the best of him.

10. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Not sure of the cost but I doubt I would spend a bunch of money for optics on a HP pistol. HP's are good, affordable, reliable personal defense guns for the budget minded. For competitive shooting and hyper accuracy there are better choices than a HP

11. Nobody questions mounting optics on a Glock, and from most reports the HP is just as accurate, and dependable.

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

But it's just not right lol

13. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Unless I was a competitive shooter I would not mount any large sized or expensive optics on ANY handgun HP or otherwise. I would use my money for good quality optics for rifles or carbines...but that is just my opinion. Now a high quality Mahan site for a C9 would be a good investment but only if the stock plastic sites crapped out on you. Even then HP would replace the sites if you damaged the ones that came with the gun.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Joey trigger, Mahan sights and TM grips are about as far as I would go.
    Optics are just........a tad too much.

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    This is what he wanted us to see....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. That would be a difficult carry holster, now race holster might be different.

Personally if I went that route I would just mill off the sights and mount the reflex to the top of the slide. Then a modified fobus would do for a holster.

Zamak is easy to mill compared to other metals, about like aluminum. A lighter spring might be needed because of the heavier slide though. I would prefer that a HP vender would supply a modified aluminum slide for the mounting. I believe alum is lighter than Zamak.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  17. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Its great we can add this to our HP's, doesn't mean we have to .
    But for any old farts out there this is a nice add on.

18. I don't see anything wrong with an optics package for the handguns. Not big on the scope but I like the idea of a red dot on the gun.

And I think the camo pistol's pretty.

19. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

I agree with this...options are nice to have even if it's not for everybody