Going....going...GONE!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

No, I'm not leaving the forum.

Just got a lovely bit of bad news this morning. Due to the extended period of time that NYS has been taking returning my CPS background check, the company I was interviewing with has decided to offer my job to another applicant and is no longer interested in hiring me. They gave me the song and dance that they retain applications for up to one year and if the background check ever arrives they will contact me via e-mail if a similar position opens up.....

Back to filling out applications again I suppose. I hate NY.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Gosh dangit Rach!...... Sure don't seem to pay to not be a drain on society..... NY sucks!

3. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

That sucks a whole of lot D*&^ Rach! Sorry buddy

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Seems like one could sue the state for costing you a job....but they won't let you.:(

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Spoken like a true legal professional....oh, wait LOL

Seriously, Rach, that really sucks man.

Personally, I think that means that there is a better job for your out there, that this is part of a plan that you may not fully see yet.

But, well, I know not everyone believes in that. SO, best of luck to you! I know you'll survive and find something

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear that Rach.

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Everything
    happens for a reason
    &
    Everything
    happens for a season
    !​

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Wait....you mean he COULD sue?:eek:

At the very least, someone should be getting their lazy butt fired, whether its the people that run the system and won't get it set up to run right, or the people in the trenches just doing enough to get by... just don't know.

We have some new kids this year, its been 3 months, we still can't get their grades from the old schools. I mean, it's a 2 minute job, you print the transcript, and fax it to us; we've called multiple times, faxed requests...no joy.:rolleyes:

And people wonder why everyone hates gov't employees.:cool:

9. Rachgier

This job needed my transcripts too, and I had a hell of a time getting them. The secretaries in the guidance office from when I went there, still work there. They spent an hour telling war stories of my time there to the new people. I spent more time correcting embellishments than anything. I'm infamous at that place. Turns out I'm even on the alumni wall of fame for being a decorated Marine, and they even have a picture of me being awarded the life saving medal from FASNY for my actions in the 2011 floods.

10. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Sorry to hear that the job fell through. I agree that it is meant to be.

For every door that closes, a new door opens. ;)

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Ratch that really sucks. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to run a background check. Good luck to you and keep fighting.

12. Rachgier

Unfortunately, it's a national CPS check through the DOJ with a 13yr residential history involved. They had to contact several states, most of which responded within a week. NY still hasn't responded 2 months later...

13. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Obviously you're not of the correct political party/orientation.

Just wait until these bureaucrats get in charge of your health care with the databases cross linked to various marketing research databases to see if you're a member of the NRA or VPC, the (R) or (D), what political candidates you supported with donations, and etc.

14. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

When I needed my high school transcript when I went to college after becoming disabled I called 7 times and faxed 10. I finally drove there, walked in and told them I am not leaving without it.

15. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Sorry to hear your job fell through. IL is not the best State to live in by any means, but when I read about, CA, and some of the Eastern States, I think I'll stay here.

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That sucks, Rach. I'm sorry to hear that.

The HS I went to way back in the mid-80's doesn't even exist any more. They closed it down some years ago. I suppose that my records might still exist in some water-stained, rat chewed cardboard box in some new school basement... somewhere...

I'd probably be easier to get my mom to cough up my report cards. I'm sure she still has them, she's hung on to everything else over the years. :rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. Rerun

Rerun Member

Fifty dollars to a lawyer for a letter might get them off their collected butts and get the ball rolling.

eldar

18. Rachgier

They have 90 days to respond to a background check request. It's only been around 65. Most come back within 2 weeks.

19. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Sucks that the place hiring you couldn't be a little more understanding...