Going to be a good day...with my daughter

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Aug 23, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Taking my 10 year old out for a Field Day by the game commission.

She's excited too. Before bed, she got out her clothes. Camo shorts, Duck Dynasty shirt and her "I love camo" hat.

This morning, she had her mom pul her hair up in a pony tail so it wouldn't get in the way of her shooting :D

2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Enjoy your day with your daughter. My granddaughter has been shooting with me at the range for about a year now. Memories and your daughter will cherish. Here's to many more to come!

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Cool TB..... Have fun!

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

Yea buddy! Have fun!! Sounds like fun, I never had kids, I think I've missed out on something here.

5. Awesome! I'm excited for you both...nothing like spending these valuable years together. Good job dad!

6. greg_r

Would not take anything for my kids. Lost my daughter last year and are going through the adoption process now on our grandkids now. They can make you pull your hair out sometimes, but still would not take anything for them.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Hope it all goes good for you brother.... My grandma used to tell us she wouldn't take a million dollars for us...... But she wouldn't pay a nickel...

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Let us know how things went today!

9. More of what this country needs. Bonding with your kids in a fun family environment.

have fun!

10. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Have a memorable time with your daughter. I recently got go to shooting with my daughter, 3 sons (ages 25, 23, 20 and 18), future son-in-law and 2 of the boys' girlfriends. It was a great experience.

11. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

Boy, that sure sound fun so have a blast guys. :)

12. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Closest thing I have is taking my mom to the range, which is pretty fun when she decides to go.
    I gotta wonder how she'll like the Goldenboy, as I'm thinking of selling my Mosberg 715t to a friend to help fund a CCW pistol for myself.

13. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

We had a great time. They broke us up in groups and we rotated stations. had 13 kids in our group. Only the kids participated in the activities.

Guess what group number we were :D

[​IMG]

The first station we went to was fly tying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was some type of animal and tree identification, then to the indoor archery range.

[​IMG]

On her third shot, she hit the goat/ram on the far left right in the neck

[​IMG]

Next was trap shooting. She used a .410 but they had 20 gauges for the bigger kids. She missed all 3 shots but this was her first time shooting trap, or a shotgun for that matter.

[​IMG]

Off to the fishing hole. A couple of bites, but nothing landed.
    [​IMG]

Canoeing was our next stop. They put 2 or 3 kids into the canoes by themselves after some brief instruction. They did pretty well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next station was all about muzzle loading. They didn't get to shoot, but they showed us how to load a few different types, talked about the history of muskets, and then they shot a few of them. It was pretty cool, something I wouldn't mind trying someday.

Off to the shooting range. They had a couple stations set up for .22s. They could shoot at balloons or clay pigeons. She chose the balloons.

She didn't hit any, but she liked shooting and wants one now. :D

[​IMG]

Then it was off to the obstacle course, through the woods. They were all timed, and had various stations to stop at with activities like rock throwing (simulating hunting with rocks as an absolute minimalistic way for survival), tomahawk and knife throwing, and animal pelt recognition. I jogged along with her, just to keep her on course. There were a few twists and turns.

The last station was all about trapping. Pretty interesting. Then it was back to the picnic area for lunch and door prizes.

All in all we had a great day. We got to spend some quality time together and I got to expose her to the great outdoors even more. Looking forward to going back next year and inviting some friends. (Kinda ashamed to admit it, but I purposely didn't tell anyone about it until after registration was closed because it was just a daddy daughter thing this year).

14. greg_r

Looks like you both had a good day.:)

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Great !
    Thanks for posting.
    Like it when girls do 'boy' stuff.
    Tell her if she sets her mind to it nothing will stop her.

16. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That is so cool!! I wish I had done something like that with my daughter when she was young! She's 26 now and we went shooting for the first time a couple months ago. We had a blast!