Gonna be gone for a while

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by PrimalSeal, Apr 11, 2008.

1. As of tomorrow, I am going to be in and out for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully more out than in, as I am gonna be turkey hunting. I took 19 days of leave, add 2 weekends for free and that comes to a whopping 23 days of peace and quiet. No phones, no responsibilities, no BS at work, it's just gonna be guns, gobblers and beer. The wife will be up there with me on the weekends, so I'm gonna try to get her into hunting with me as well. I can't wait.

I have been just so tired lately, I need to recharge the batteries.

Oh, FYI, I'll be camping out at the top of Wills Canyon, just off the Upper Rio Penasco Road, mile marker 14 on NM 130 out of CloudCroft, New Mexico. If you guys don't hear from me before 3 weeks is up, send someone up there to find me. On this, I ain't kidding, always have a back up plan, and you guys are my back ups.

Gonna miss you guys, but Taurus357 is stepping in as my temporary replacement Admin until I get back. He'll still be moderating the forums, but will also be doing user account activation to keep spammers off our forum. Please treat him with the same respect *or lack thereof* that you do me, GlockMan and Jones. :wink:

I'll see you guys in 3 weeks, possibly sooner if I can kill my 2 turkeys opening day.

2. I'm jealous...

Taurus got the combo to the titanium vault :lol:

Have fun Primal and deep fry at least one of those turkeys.

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

You deserve it, ya as.....pipe.
    Enjoy every bit of it :) !!!!

4. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

When are WE going turkey huntin'?

5. Good deal. Everyone needs time off to recharge.

6. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Please treat him with the same respect *or lack thereof* that you do me, GlockMan and Jones.

ALWAYS!!! :wink: Have fun and stay safe and remember get a lot of turkeys cause your inviting ALL of us to a BIG turkey dinner. RIGHT? :lol:

7. Stay safe and have fun my friend.

8. Have a great time and best of luck to you.

9. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Member

NC
  10. hey dont look too hard on day one!!!!! all the fun could be over before it starts. work your way up to the gooblers, and have some fun too.
    have a great time and enjoy the outdoors. :shock:

11. By the way, until he returns, unless this gets stickied (or he comes back before May 3rd), I plan to keep bumping (and would like your help doing so) this thread so it stays on the front page with the following info:

"Oh, FYI, I'll be camping out at the top of Wills Canyon, just off the Upper Rio Penasco Road, mile marker 14 on NM 130 out of CloudCroft, New Mexico. If you guys don't hear from me before 3 weeks is up, send someone up there to find me. On this, I ain't kidding, always have a back up plan, and you guys are my back ups."

You and I all know he's going to come back okay, and you can laugh at me all you want for being a paranoid goober once he does make it back safe and sound, but just in case lets keep this thread up here for a while :).

12. Whenever you tell me that you got it worked out with your dad that we can go. I will prolly have time next year, as I am pretty much burning all my leave for this one trip. Let me know buddy, I am ready to go hunt some Okie birds too.

13. What's paranoid about caring for someone?

+1gazillionbazilliontrillion on bumping the hedoublehockeysticks out of this post.

EDIT: added more emphasis on the +1

14. Heck as long as we all know where he is going why not just meet up there and make a party of it? :lol:

15. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

16. wow.. have fun and be safe primal....!! the last time i was off more than a week, i was unemployed, broke, and rolling pennies to put gas in my truck!! :lol:

17. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

23 days to go Turkey Hunting and the Wife is good to go with it. You lucky SOB.

Good Luck. Our season here in Michigan doesn't open for a couple more weeks. My season doesn't start until May 5. The first 2 weeks are by draw only. The remainder of the season (almost 4 weeks) is a guaranteed hunt period.

18. By the way, until he returns, unless this gets stickied (or he comes back before May 3rd), I plan to keep bumping (and would like your help doing so) this thread so it stays on the front page with the following info:

"Oh, FYI, I'll be camping out at the top of Wills Canyon, just off the Upper Rio Penasco Road, mile marker 14 on NM 130 out of CloudCroft, New Mexico. If you guys don't hear from me before 3 weeks is up, send someone up there to find me. On this, I ain't kidding, always have a back up plan, and you guys are my back ups."

BTT