Gonna put a new stock on my 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by asnider123, Jan 20, 2008.

1. asnider123

asnider123 Member

I have had the 995 for about a year and really enjoy it. Only one problem: I am bearded and the darn cheekrest keeps pulling out whiskers when I go to the range because of the darned top seam. As a consequence, the poor old 995 often gets left home because it hurts :shock:

Questions:
    1. Is the ATI stock built with the same top seam or is it designed differently so I won't have this problem?
    2. Can you use the original iron sights or do I need to go to a red-dot or something instead?
    3. I like the digi camo finish. Anyone have one for long enough to know if it will hold up (is it a paint job or into the plastic itself?)
    4. Is there a forum member who is a dealer in these stocks? Any idea of cost?

I was thinking of having my wife crochet a cheekpad for the original stock, but I'm afraid I would be laughed off of the range :lol:

Thanks for helping an old guy make a decision.

2. Just put on a ATI Stock myself, here's a few answers.

1. Is the ATI stock built with the same top seam or is it designed differently so I won't have this problem? This stock is a one piece back where your chin rest, it will not pull whiskers !

2. Can you use the original iron sights or do I need to go to a red-dot or something instead? You can use your iron sights if you like or swap them out for a red dot or scope, I have a Red Dot.

3. I like the digi camo finish. Anyone have one for long enough to know if it will hold up (is it a paint job or into the plastic itself?) Both the black and the camo are advertised as scratch resistant, I'm guessing it is modeled in.

4. Is there a forum member who is a dealer in these stocks? Any idea of cost? A member (Benny429) here is a dealer and he offers a discount to forum members. I have gotten most of my accessories from him at www.milsurpstuff.com. I think the Black runs just under $50 and the Camo is $10 to $20 more.

I hope this helps !