Good luck to anyone wanting to try and get one of these

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by GoesBang, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I was just reading that and wondering if it's a bs story or not.

2. Ddd

It appears to be legit article. It was part of a $607 billion defense bill. But it seems unlikely the CMP will ever see these pistols let alone be allowed to distribute them.

3. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Sweet. Doubt I'll ever have one, but this makes it seem more attainable anyway.
    All the shiny, bling, chrome, modded, fancy 1911s are cool for sure, just not my style. These however....perfect!

4. lsi1

lsi1 Member

+1 want one but won't be seeing it anytime soon.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its legit. Heres the latest update on the CMP webpage:

Attached Files:

6. Pablo

Pablo Carbine Guy aka Zippy Member

In!!!

I was just sniffing around CMP for an M1. Sad sack news is our club let the CMP membership lapse.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I'd love to get a good, basic steel-slide 1911 like that,
    not necessarily milsurp, but a new(er) heavy duty 1911
    would be nice. Most imports are not a hardened steel slide,
    and not recommended for the 460 Rowland conversion. Not
    that I want it for a Rowland, but the heavy duty aspect is nice!

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Even more important then the possible ability to purchase these 1911's is the portion of the bill that removes ammunition and ammunition components from the control of hazardous materials. This means that lead bullets can not be targeted under environmental claims.

9. Pablo

Pablo Carbine Guy aka Zippy Member

I did not know that!! Thanks!!!!

OH THAT'S why Obama was SO PISSED when he signed the bill!! He made up some cockamamie BS up about the out of control Republicans and then signed it.

10. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I want one, I want one :splits::llama::indeed:

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I really don't want one don't know why?

12. This was passed in the bill too.About time.

Section 526 responds to the ongoing issue of terrorist violence against America’s men and women in uniform on military installations. Ironically, individual service members are generally prohibited from carrying firearms for self-defense while on base, leading terrorists to view them as soft targets. This language would require the Secretary of Defense to “establish and implement a process by which the commanders of military installations … and such other defense facilities as the Secretary may prescribe” could “authorize a member of the Armed Forces who is assigned to duty at the installation … or facility to carry an appropriate firearm … if the commander determines that carrying such a firearm is necessary as a personal- or force-protection measure.”

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That won't do squat.

MPs can and do already carry, they are assigned by a process, they are force protection...in other words, it's meaningless BS as written, unless a Sec. Of Def. specifically decides to write something with language that allows anyone and everyone to qualify to carry.

And that's not going to happen.:rolleyes:

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

15. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps, but the 1911's have been confirmed by CMP. :)
    The caveat is that the division of the CMP that will be responsible for their sale will need to obtain an FFL and comply with all normal BATFE FFL regulations.

Of course that is also assuming that the Secretary approves the transfer of them to CMP to begin with. ;)