Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking through the electronic edition of Guns Magazine and the cover brought a big grin to my face - BUDGET VALUE - HI-POINT .45 ACP 8)

Here's the article: http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/GUNS/GUNS0409/?page=30

John Taffin has nothing but good to say about function, but pulls no punches on looks ;) Honestly, this is some of the best press I've ever seen for a Hi-Point and it's coming from a respected name in a respected magazine.

It turns out he reviewed the C9 back in 2007 and his only gripe was that the trigger was heavy, but still said that it didn't keep him from shooting good groups :)

Here's the C9 article: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_2_53/ai_n17094478

I'm still grinning and laughing at the thought of a whole bunch of Hi-Point bashing readers with their jaws on the floor :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw this linked about a week ago on this forum and have been spreading it around amongst those who insisted that "You can't trust your life to one of THOSE".

It's funny how I was told that the way to choose a quality firearm was to reference such publications as Guns magazine and yet upon showing the article to some bashers, all I received was a little throat clearing and "Oh... Neat." Well, is a Hi-Point completely unreliable and definitely going to get me killed? Or is this fine publication a god forsaken commie liar?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Based on personal experience, I would trust either of my Hi Points fully to defend my life or the life a loved one.

It's good to see our babies getting some good press for once. There are a few out there in the gun press who know a great value when they see it.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I'm NEW on here. I'm sick of people stating that HP is junk. I have the 995 cabine, the 380 and .45 handgun. I had one problem with my 380. I took it apart to just clean it...then I could not put it back together again. I talked to HP lady, Shelly and she told me to send it to her. Cost me less than $9.00 to ship the 380 to her. Got the 380 back in less then a week(6 days). I learned my lesson. Heh! Now my cleaning is just: lock the slide back, run a bore brush in the barrel, oil (LIGHTLY) inside and outside, DONE!!! And only do this at 300-500 rounds. My 995, I got it used, and I have shot around 1200 rounds. NO problems with it . My 380, I got it used, about 190 rounds. I FTF, my fault, I think I was limp wristing it. My .45, I just got it NEW in box. I have not shot it yet. My goal is to get ALL HP guns. One of each. Oh yeah, I have a lot of other guns, pistols, rifles, shotguns. But I just like the feeling of the HPs. So this is my story.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Thanks KCjeff. I have a dealer that can buy any HP handguns for around $120.00. He then sells to me $179.00. These are NEW not used. I'm working on that .40 HP. I hope I can save up within a month. Wish me LUCK!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.