Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I like my CenterPoint AR22 Series scope. I have it mounted on my 10/22. I paid around $55 for it at WalMart.
It's 3-9 x 32mm with Red/Green illuminated Mil-Dot reticle. It comes with 3/8" dovetail rings, but if the Remington uses some other mounting, Walmart has a pretty decent selection of rings. It also comes with flip-up lens covers.

http://www.centerpointoptics.com/ar22_series/3-9x32-RG/

Buzz

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Bushnell Banner 4-12 A/O about $100 most places. The A/O lets you adjust focus and Parallax from 10 to 1000 yards.

Ron M.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I always look in the used scope case at my LGS I have gotten a couple of good Nikons for WW prices that way!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the centerpoint ar22 scope today. I'll put it on tomorrow and shoot it wednesday. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got the same scope and love it. Surprisingly even the rings are ok (so far). My next rifle might get the 16x version. X

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have mine fitted with a Tasco 3-9 x 50mm, and it works very well. Nice and bright, even zoomed in at 100 yrds.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Installed the Centerpoint AR-22 and used it at the range. It's great. The problems are all my own limitations, like breath control and recoil anticipation.

Here's a pic of the outcome:

That's 40 rounds, my 10 rd magazine and my 30 round magazine.

Here's the 597 with scope and 30 round magazine:

Here's my best 10 round group:

All distances are 50 feet, max distance at that range.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Nice shooting! What ammo were you using?

These 597's really are good little guns, especially for the price. I know what you mean about breath control, etc., though... mine has the polymer stock and regular ("noodle") barrel, and it is so light that it can be hard to keep steady, especially at 100 yards. I have a bi-pod on the front of mine, now, and that helps a bunch, and now I just need a sand-bag for the buttstock for those long range shots. Still, not too bad when you are making shotshells dance at 300 feet. Squirrels beware!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Just got back from the range... took my 597 to check the zero on my scope. This was my best group, 100 yards with CCI Minimags, using front bipod, no additional rear stock support:

I know a lot of guys can do better than that, but with my eyesight, I am well-pleased with this group, and this gun in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts