Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bacon, eggs, potatoes, fry bread and boiled coffee.
02E6629A-2226-4336-AF93-224778BEF339.jpeg
Life is good!

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Looks tasty!

Two questions:

(1) What is inside your eggs?
(2) What is your fry bread recipe?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
I believe that's chicken in there Think.

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks tasty!

Two questions:

(1) What is inside your eggs?
(2) What is your fry bread recipe?
The eggs are just fried hard. The fry bread is nothing more than flour, baking powder, and water. I sometimes put nuts, fruits, or berries in it, but I really just like it plain. Fried in lard. But nowadays I use olive oil. The secret to good fry bread is not to overwork the dough and make a dood stiff batter, about the consistency of play dough. And pat it out to about 3/8th inch.

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: moona11 and histed

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
Never heard of "fry bread" til now, but it sounds good. Gonna have to try that when we get into the new house

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never heard of "fry bread" til now, but it sounds good. Gonna have to try that when we get into the new house
Some call it scone, some call it bannock. It has always been fry bread to me. 1st cousin to hoe cakes.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
You've never heard of fry bread.

·
Premium Member
8,141 Posts
Fry bread to me is a yeast bread dough flattened then stretch to form a thin circle. Let rise, fty in an inch of lard flipping a couple times until it is done in the center. Smother in butter, cinnamon, sugar. Or use for Indian tacos...

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fry bread to me is a yeast bread dough flattened then stretch to form a thin circle. Let rise, fty in an inch of lard flipping a couple times until it is done in the center. Smother in butter, cinnamon, sugar. Or use for Indian tacos...
no yeast in fry bread.

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
Yep. Navajo taco is how we see "fry bread" out here, baking powder is the leavening, but it's deep fried like Mary said. Then they put chili over it. Yes, with the beans, because we're heathens.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Roger that. I like the flavor of coffee on its own. I do tend to drink everything straight. No mixed drinks just straight whiskey or coffee. My neighbor makes 'shine and drink that straight as well.
I was taught as a young man if you don't use something you won't miss it when its not there. In the field, I don't miss the creamer. I raise my cup of Black Rifle Coffee to ya. Good Morning.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts