Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I paid off my loan to get my C9 and 10/22 back from the pawnshop. While I was filling out the form, I looked down and saw a beautiful compact XD. Well I wasn't planning on buying another gun just yet but for $395 I just couldn't resist. It's in great shape and comes with 2 16 round mags and a 10 round mag with a soft case plus the XD holster. That was the first time I've handled an XD and it felt great in my hands moreso than the C9 ever did. Racking the slide back was so smooth! As much as I loved my C9, I've always wanted an XD and a Glock 19. I'm still a big fan of Hi-Points and will always support them. So they used my guns as a down payment and put the XD on layaway so I'll have myself an early Christmas present! :D

Hope I did good. I got $150 for both guns, might seem low but the condtion of the 10/22 (project gun) and the value of the C9, I thought it was fair. Atleast I hope it was. :brow:

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
You'd have done better selling on your own..but by then the XD might have been gone. Not a terrible move, but ...?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'd have done better selling on your own..but by then the XD might have been gone. Not a terrible move, but ...?
I thought about the XD not being there long because they sell alot of guns. Sometimes they don't have any handguns left in the display case. And I thought the XD was at a good price.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I just got mine and you're getting rid of yours? Something ain't right here. LOL. May keep it a while.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I avoid selling anything to pawn shops and gun shops. I asked about pawning my Sig 2340 .357 and they offered 200 dollars. I would have done $300 but $200 is highway robbery. I totally understand that these businesses have to make their money, but but %100 percent profit?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You will love the XD... It's a great gun that is tons of fun to shoot.. I have a XD9 4" and love it to death.. also they are WAYYYY easier to clean than the c9..
only down side is that xd mothership charges ya if something breaks..

·
Registered
557 Posts
You will love the XD... It's a great gun that is tons of fun to shoot.. I have a XD9 4" and love it to death.. also they are WAYYYY easier to clean than the c9..
only down side is that xd mothership charges ya if something breaks..
Not true-- at least not for the original owner. Lifetime warranty on my XD, and I don't plan on ever selling it..

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
Anyone ever heard of anyone actually being able to use the XD warrantee? My SIL had a Springfield 1911 model 2 years ago, stopped returning to battery correctly, and when he called to ask how to get it fixed, they wanted to charge him to send it to them...? It was three month old...I wasn't impressed.
His XD seems to be fine, but I wonder about the company.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Springfield's service was OK. But took a long time to get back each time. Atleast for my XDM 40. Never owned the XD9. But the XDM9 was a great pistol. Very accurate and reliable. The XD should be no different. Enjoy your purchase.

BTW I now own a C9.

Walt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gratz but......

i just found a New C9 on sale and since i was SO pleased with my used 995, i snapped it up in the time it took to clear my wallet from my back pocket, with a added 10 round mag. Now i know different tastes but until 2009 I'd been living in the granola state, where what isn't fruits or nuts are flakes, I.E. "California" and never heard of Hi-Point firearms. Now having moved to WV this year I've reawakened my love of target shooting, and i am not a small person 6-5 250lbs big mitts and fell in love with the design of Hi-Point firearms they seem blocky and ugly to some and i am a 1911 fan having shot competition 45 when i was stationed in Europe, but as they say beauty is in the eye and the weight is nothing to me I'd rather have a heavier reliable weapon to practice with, so i plan to get a 45 and 40 asap, easy to clean eats any ammo i buy and accurate and at an affordable price with a warranty that's second to none, so i plan to shoot them till they wear out, and then send them in for repair! So enjoy your new weapon and good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts