Got a good deal on a 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Whomeno, May 31, 2014.

1. just got my first 995ts,my c9 needed a friend. I think I got a good deal? it is brand new still in box for 240.00. now to add accessories. can I add a red dot with out taking iron sights off? and what should I add to it.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Sounds like a good deal..... I believe there are several threads on co witnessing iron sights and a red dot on here...

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Good deal, add ammo, and don't fight the sights. If you think you'll need irons just stay with them. If you want a red dot, carry spare batteries and treat it right.

This isn't a gun for operators, if your red dot fails, you'll have time to swap things out.;)

However...if you really really want to co-witness, it can be done, there's threads around here about it. You can install a longer rail, or get a micro dot, or go lower third, there are ways to do it.

4. aeroe

aeroe Member

My favorite accessory is the magazine holder. I got the package deal with two mags thrown in, and the case for $65 total.
    Being I live close, it arrived next day, free S/H.

5. wasmeneh

wasmeneh Member

I ground a little off the rear stock sight and was able to co-witness my red dot with no issues. Not looking at it I think I basically ground off the rear two ramps. Worked great.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Shorten the Hi Point rear sight ;)

Saw a thread here about that, very nice...