got a new pistol today...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by JasonJ, Feb 2, 2008.

1. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

well, didnt GET per se, put on layaway for up to 90 days.

I "purchased" a Bersa 9mm ultra compact in matte black. Got it from Gander Mtn, while they are typically WAAAAYY overpriced on firearms, it was on clearance for $150 off...so $299, $317 OTD. not too bad.

i like the way the pistol feels, excellent grip angle and feel, trigger is very nice as well.. my only beef, magazines are about 15-20 bux more than other brands.

and im gonna want more mags, this is intended to be my CCW weapon.

BUT, it has a first owner lifetime warrenty, and since i dont ever plan on selling my guns..im good! :)

i'll post pics as soon as i take posession.

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Bersa mags are expensive, but that are worth it...

3. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

the mags seem really nice quality.. i guess the price has to do with availability.

sure cant find any well priced online either...

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

You won't, it's best to buy locally, the online shops have them priced the same as your local shop... so you pay the same price, but save the shipping $.

5. Jason - wow, Wahoo for you! We expect those pics man; I'll bet you lose some sleep between now and then!

6. Please give us a range report to let us know how she shoots...I have been in serious debates over getting its cousin the Firestorm Mini9...
    BERSA:
    [​IMG]

FIRESTORM:
    [​IMG]

7. I have shot a couple Bersa Thunder 9 UC's at the range and like their smaller cousin the Bersa Thunder 380 it was nothing short of fantastic. Bersa/Firestorm mags are expensive, but they work and are worth the expense. What ever you do, DO NOT buy ProMags made for the Bersa's, they are JunkMags and do not work worth a crap.

Anyway, Congrats on the Thundre9 UC, your gonna like that pistol.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

They are good looking guns.

9. Very nice! Give us a range report!!!

10. Your Gander allows layaway?

Cool-- ours doesn't..

:(

11. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

yeah the layaway is nice. get this:

as i was walking out, they had 2 read that TWO Springfield XD-40 service pistols on clearance as well, the price? $359 !!!!!!!!!!

my two co-worker buddies snatched those up as soon as i called them (they wanted those exact pistols since they are reserve police with CCW).

i think im going to invest in probably at least 2 more mags, 13 rnd and one 17, or two 13rnd... not sure. whatevers cheapest.

ive heard lots and lots of good things about the entire Bersa line, not having a chance to shoot it, im hoping for the best.. the gun fit my hand almost, ALMOST better than my beloved Buckmark Camper.

rest assured, there will be a 200 round range review as soon as i get my anxious sleep deprived hands on it.

12. A good place to get Bersa mags and accessories is: http://www.yourgunparts.com

I have ordered from them in the past and was pleased with their service.