Got another C9...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

For $75!!!
    I have myself a piece of Hi-Point history!
    It's a metal framed C9... and the trigger pull on this badboy is AMAZING!!!
    I had a co-worker come in tonight to relieve me, and we started chewing the fat about firearms. I'm a well known Hi-Point lover around the workplace, but nobody takes me up on the range offers to prove the Hi-Points true form. We are standing outside of the Police Department, and we start talking about subcompacts, which ones were banned, then the Hi-Point topic came up... and I'll have you know my co-worder (not knowing I was that into Hi-Points) started bashing on HP's... they are a "piece of shat", and he would never go back to HP for anything... Well this is how it went from there:
    Me:Have you ever seen a HP before?"
    Co-Worker:Oh yeah, I've seen one before and I have a 9mm sitting at home, broken, in a box, where it's supposed to be. They are pieces of shat Mike.
    Me: You have one at home? So why don't you bring it up here and let me look it over? I bet it's something simple that makes you think that it's broken.
    Co-Worker: No, I dropped it, and now when the slide is all the way back, I can't see the firing pin.
    Me: I'll give you $75 for the Hi-Point you have at home, right now. You only live a few miles down the road... take an early lunch break, get the pistol, and meet me back here in 15 minutes.
    Co-Worker: Are you serious?
    Me: Why aren't you gone yet? Go!

Needless to say I am one happy HP owner... too bad the firing pin is broken... GOOD THING IT'S COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!!! YaY For Hi-Point, I will be on the phone tomorrow!
    And Here's some pics I took of it... Look how dirty/mistreated/abused/abandoned it looks! I believe this pistol is a candidate for a "spray and bake"... METAL FRAME!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I made a hater put his money where his mouth was... and I can't be happier!

2. noemad

noemad Member

Ohio
    That is awesome man, i wish i could find some haters around here,but unfortunately HP's true reputation is spreading.

3. freedom

freedom Member

Sounds like you got a good deal.
    Send it in to HP and have them give it a go over. There may be safety improvements that need to be upgraded on it. And as usual you will probably get a free mag for you time.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Strangerous: If you send it back , INSIST that you have that metal frame back!!! At least you diagnosed the problem, only request a new firing pin, maybe a firing pin spring and sleeve (they are on JHPs, havnt torn down my C9 to make sure they are on them as well)
    Failing that, let me know! I would be interested in buying it from you outright!
    You have the digits :)

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Well, I took the firing pin and internals from my original C9, and placed them into the dinosaur C9... I hope to stor by the range before work and pop off 2 magazines... Function tests work, so that's a good outlook.
    The firing pins are different... on the opposite end of the "pin": The old one had what looked like the recoil spring "cap" like a 1911 has... built into the back of the firing pin... the newer c9 has "pins" on both sides... one long one to actually hit the primer, and one small one to sit in the middle of the spring... I'll be sure to give a range report asap... This trigger pull is AMAZING!

6. rds801

rds801 Member

That is a great deal.

Your buddy dropped it and it broke...usually that is what happens when you drop stuff :lol: but then he blamed the gun calling it a piece of sh*t? Any excuse to bash I guess. Guess he didn't know about the lifetime, no questions asked warranty?

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Beemiller Hours of Operation:
    Monday - Thursday: 7am-4pm
    Friday: 7am-11am

:( I work 2nd shift and I was asleep today...
    ;)

8. Looks like someone used it as a tackle box gun or something. Good grab, congrats!

9. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Try armed security guard... the pistol only had 30 rounds through it, since it was bought NEW back in the day... looks like he was a fighter... seeing the slide how it is.
    Deal Sweetener: 100 rounds of WWB 147gr. JHP.

10. That pistol has only had 30 rds put through it? Damm that guy is rough on his weapons! Ammo too huh? Extra good deal. :)

11. nice find.. nothing like a good deal to start off your weekend...

12. p7196

p7196 Guest

Strangerous looks like we both found a good bargain. Here is what I just bought. It of course is a used C9 I may send it back to BeeMiller after I look it over. BTW I only gave $57 for mine. But I didn't get a box of amm either. By the time I buy this thing a box of WWB for lunch I guess I will have about the same deal as you. BTW I just bought mine today. I just love the internet. I may not be able to get out of bed but I can still buy toys. :lol: This appeared to have had a rough life but now that I rescued it, it can live out its days with it family of HPs at my place. Now watch the wifey take it away from me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. p7196

p7196 Guest

Mike sorry for Hijacking your thread.

14. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

p7196, good one. Are you going to refinish it? I think I may have found my project for this weekend at the woodshop. :lol:

15. p7196

p7196 Guest

Yep I am thinkin of doing a Duracoat.Maybe a red/white/blue theme.This is most likely the one I have been looking for to customize. I think I may have found the answer to being able to securely mount a laser or a tact light to a C9. Let me find my celly and I will give you a ring.

16. Nothing wrong with buying a rough looking HP pistol cause a can of Duracoat will have it all spiffy looking in no time. Congrats to the both of you!

17. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Amen, rimfire, amen!