Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been stringing him along since this morning. Weird stuff and he just keeps going with it. Stuff about how I am doing great and my health is good and teach Judo but lost my leg in industrial accident and have had to retire and I'm on a fixed income. Then I started throwing in some stuff similar to the TV series monk. Claimed that I had 100 phobias, including a phobia of milk, and that my daughter-in-law was driving me around and her daughter Julie would be able to help me figure out computer stuff then I started throwing in some stuff about the scammers wife getting out of prison. He's impersonating a friend of mine of course. I've just been having fun with it.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I'm throwing in some Daredevil references. he asked me if I messaged my friend and I told him that I haven't yet because he is with Matt hunting the Black Sky.

:D

Reactions: histed

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget to throw in some stuff about that time that he caught a Bigfoot. Or when you where both stationed on the moon by the cia.
Good call! I think I'll try to figure out a way to put in a Moonraker reference.

Or maybe, because I claimed that I'd lost my leg, I'll put in some sort of Fullmetal Alchemist reference.

Reactions: Think1st

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I threw in the reference to Fullmetal alchemist, told him my brother was Alphonse elric and he's always going on about his suit of armor. The scammer just won't give up. He thinks I'm on the hook. asked me if I still had the scam link he sent me. I told him that I didn't know if I did because computers are some sort of alchemy to me. and the only thing I know about alchemy is the law of equivalent exchange. any second he's going to send the link to me for the 6th time.

:D

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Good call! I think I'll try to figure out a way to put in a Moonraker reference.

Or maybe, because I claimed that I'd lost my leg, I'll put in some sort of Fullmetal Alchemist reference.

Add in that you are looking for a philospher's stone to get your leg back.

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's still going! Good grief. :)

he asked me how I was doing so I told him that I was fine but tired after my long trip. Felt like I've been to the moon and back but at least I have an appointment with Dr. Holly Goodhead. Hahaha

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts

You could mention Cap'n Storm of the Lost Patrol/Doomed Squad...

He had a wood leg.

eldar

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I asked if he knew about the Philosopher's Stone as a treatment for my "leg" and he's playing along like he does. Still trying to get me to click on his link. I'm also re-referencing some stuff from Monk.

Hmm... I mentioned Judo early on so I might try to work in something from David Caradine's "Kung Fu" series.

When this is all done, I may try to post the whole "conversation." :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun and Think1st

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm also thinking about how to roll in a shout out to Robotech / Macros. Now that's Old School!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
You really need a reference to Del Flore's and Man From UNCLE

Reactions: Rerun and lklawson

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't heard from him in several hours. I guess we'll see if he's still on the line. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts