Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's a JHP. Like my C9, it was at my local pawn shop, in the original box. This one had a note on it that said, "Jamming".

Fine by me. Out the door for $70. Cha-ching! The thing is like new. Still in the box with the extra sight, allen wrench, manual, etc.

Inside the box, a note said, "Jamming, got new magazine, still jamming". Of course...isn't it somewhat common for a new magazine to jam?

The mag is sitting loaded right now, compressing the spring. Planning on leaving it there for a while. I'd lay odds that would fix the problem.

I will play around with this one some, but I think eventually, it will go to my Dad. He's starting to reload .45, so he'll have lots of rounds to break it in. Besides, when I visited last weekend, he envied the C9 that I bought for $60 from the same shop. It had a note on it that said, "Won't Load". There was no spring on the mag release. I cobbled one up in about 5 minutes from an old "click" pen and had it working well enough to shoot 50 rounds through it last weekend. Still needs some break in because it had a few FTF's, but it got better as it went along. It's an accurate shooter, that's for sure.

And, before you ask, sorry to say that this was the last one. I cleaned him out of Hi Points completely.

·
Registered
586 Posts
wow great deal! goes to show you how much money a little ingenuity and patience can save you, go hi-points and keep us posted!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, I know.

That's two in February, one for $65, one for $70. I feel bad mentioning it here, but no one else can appreciate the enormity of these finds.

Believe me, I'm not gloating. I'm usually never the guy that lucks into this kind of stuff. Keep looking for "broken" Hi Points...they're out there.

When you're at a pawn shop, always ask if they happen to have anything in the back that needs repaired. Never know what you might find.

·
Banned
4,846 Posts
That's a good point, anytime I look at pawn shops (which isn't very often) they are way overpriced on whatever they have. But I won't give up.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I should congradulate you but I want to call you names....what to do....

OK

Congrats you lucky bastard
+1

some people have all the luck

·
Registered
86 Posts
i shoot the crappy DIRTY wolf 45 rounds and have never had a jam out of them since mine was new. i think they even shoot better than the blazer alum case rounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Got another one tonight. -UPDATE- this "junk" .45 is a good shooter...

Put fifty rounds through it yesterday with no failures to feed or fire. There is a lot of recoil, but it still manages to be very controllable, because it is not a sharp recoil. In other words, it seems the slide moves a lot, but moves slowly when compared to other pistols.

And, the accruacy is great. I was shooting up to 20 yards and hitting a soda can with little trouble. Longer targets (out to fifty yards) if I had a rest and a whole mag to unload. I could usually make one or two hit the target.

All in all, not bad for $70.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You just like to keep rubbing it in, don't you? You dog.

:D Congrats. Not a good find - turning into a great one!! :devilsidesmile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts