Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too fun!! yeah, it was a blast. it was my first time shooting a handgun. my buddy brought his beretta along. both guns shot well. The c9 shot the blazer aluminum rounds very well. then i switched over to wwb and then thats when my problems occured. I had almost 10 Failure to Feeds. most of them were on my 2nd to last round. but other than that it was a blast and i had a great time. next time i'm gonna shoot a box of blazer and see how well they run through my c9. I cleaned the gun afterwards and oiled it up, now its ready to go again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
WWB bulk ammo seems to be hit and miss on how hot its loaded. On the weak end this makes limp wristing more of an issue. The fact that it was usually the second to last round also lends to the idea of limp wristing. Lean into the gun and be mindful of fatigue and flinching. I stopped buying WWB after the second box because I was worried about squib loads since the load seemed to vary so much. If you've ever seen the hand left holding a squib load, it's not pretty. Same reason I won't shoot American Federal from Florida. It's copper washed instead of jacketed and prone to jamming the barrel with lead. Once it hits a critical point your gun cato's in your hand. Again not pretty and not worth the extra dollar a box you save on second rate ammo. Also, if you were shooting the 124's or 147's (my wife's main issue was the 147 JHP in a WWB 50 pack) they are more sensitive to limp wristing and are a little rougher on the hand.

G

·
Glad you like your gun.I have fired 150 rounds through my c-9 with only 1 nose up jam.The jam happened with WWB,so I stick with Blazer Brass.
mmhmm. i actually just got a c9 this week and love ittt! but yeah i pickup a box of everything i could find and am becoming a fan of Blazer Brass. fantastic little plinking rounds :] no jams yet on mine only put 100 rounds through it though *knock on wood*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.