Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
My dad had a 66 or 67 Nova when I was a kid. It was a nice car. He sold it to one of his bosses sons who drove it around a large field [he didn't have a DL yet] and the front end let go and the car broke in two pieces.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GM has that problem of making cars that are copies of their own stuff, look at the '64 Pontiac Banshee that never came out and then the '68 Corvette, GM didn't want Pontiac to sell it because they thought it would compete to much with the 'Vette, only for the 'Vette to use the same styling 4 years later...

'64 Pontiac Banshee

'68 Chevrolet Corvette

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which car there are 4 of 'em here...

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which car there are 4 of 'em here...
All of them, everyone knows the sexiest car ever made was the 67 Chevy II. Not those abominations posted above.
Yeah it's also known as grandma's car.

You've got issues if you call a Corvette an abomination...

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My all time favorite Nova is the '69, it's the first year they got rid of the "Chevy II" in the name.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You've got issues if you call a Corvette an abomination...
C4...that is all I'm going to say.
What you like the C4 better than the C3's? 84-96 was the C4, '68 to '82 was the C3.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
What you like the C4 better than the C3's? 84-96 was the C4, '68 to '82 was the C3.
I just don't like the GENII series engines...you know, the LT1/4. That engine is the reason I got rid of my car.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just don't like the GENII series engines...you know, the LT1/4. That engine is the reason I got rid of my car.
Yeah the LS series was a major improvement. I'd love to have an LS7 in my truck.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah they look awesome when they are done right.

I like this '69, the guy made it a Z28 version of the Nova.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found this sick video of a custom '64 Chevy II, it's a beautiful thing.

But this video is for MAASO

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a pretty slick Typhoon, only thing I don't like is it sounds rice powered compared to the Nova's.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
That is a pretty slick Typhoon, only thing I don't like is it sounds rice powered compared to the Nova's.
Yeah, the previous owner of mine put some nasty sounding Flowmaster on mine. They sound decent, but on a 90degree V6...they just sound like ass. I replaced it with some Borla catback, it's quiet, major power increase, and I could hear my turbo spooling 200,000 RPM all day.

I agree though, nothing will beat the sound of a cammy pushrod V8.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, the previous owner of mine put some nasty sounding Flowmaster on mine. They sound decent, but on a 90degree V6...they just sound like ass. I replaced it with some Borla catback, it's quiet, major power increase, and I could hear my turbo spooling 200,000 RPM all day.

I agree though, nothing will beat the sound of a cammy pushrod V8.
Especially when that V8 has open headers and a blower on top makes me all warm and fuzzy hearing that stuff. :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.