Got my 995 back, mag differences, and fun with the camera

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by funkychinaman, Mar 15, 2008.

1. The subject says it all, I got my 995 back from the factory, I noticed some magazine differences, and I wanted to experiment with posting pictures.

- Bee-Miller got my carbine back to me in less than two weeks. They wrote back on my repair form:

"Hi went over your gun and replaced slide stock shroud firing pin assy test short 20 rds done good 2 clips for your trouble Thank you"

So that's three firing pins for me so far. I didn't bother looking at mine before I sent it out, because it wasn't giving me any trouble, I wonder if it was bent.

- As they stated, I got two new magazines. Mind you, I haven't bought HP magazines for over half a decade, so I was surprised by the differences. Which leads to...

- PICTURES! And not very good ones either!

The tops of two of my mags. The older one is on the right, the new one from HP is on the left. The whatchamacallit is now stepped, not sloped. Is one better than the other? Anyone notice and differences?

[​IMG]

An oblique view

[​IMG]

The bases of the magazines are different as well. The bases of the new ones are a little thicker than the older ones. Any reason for that? And noticeable difference in performance? Does it fit in the ATI?

[​IMG]

And a side view

[​IMG]

And speaking of the ATI, I finally took a look at my rubber shock absorber, or whatever it's called. It's shown some wear and tear, on both front and back. The good news is, it's appears symmetrical, so I'm going to try flipping it upside-down to even out the wear, if I ever slip on the ATI again. Two views.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry they're a bit blurry.

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Ya... cant see anything in those photos :lol: Try again for us, smaller res and back off the mags a little :wink:

3. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I squared ya away.

This should give a clearer view.

4. If you are using a digital, it may have a "macro" setting. If so, use that and try taking those picture again. It will help BIG time :D

5. BSK

BSK Guest

macro also has flower icon

6. So that's what the flower icon was for. Thanks for all the advice gentlemen, I've reposted the photos, now smaller and sharper.

7. BSK

BSK Guest

AWESOME pictures chinaman!

8. condition1

condition1 Member

and I thought the flower button was for, well, flowers!

9. boyjoe

boyjoe Member

you made me look and I have 1 of the step type and 5 sloped but never saw a difference in performance.