Got my C9 Back Yesterday

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Gr8Xfatman, May 7, 2008.

1. I had a problem with stovepipes and magazines that jammed in the gun. Hi-Point replaced my magazines plus 1 for my trouble. They also replaced the barrel, slide & all the springs. Once again, I have to tout the great customer service.
    The repair tech suggested that I stopped using WWB. After sending a email to Hi-Point, they responded by recommending Remington, UMC, Blazer and American Eagle. They also said that they do not recommend Winchester.

Any imput on this?

Gary

2. In a couple of other posts, there has been mention of WWB causing a few problems lately. I've never had any problems with it. But if a bad batch is floating around, it is only a matter of time.

On a side note, and this is something I had to correct myself, is to remember that these are blowback design for recoil. You have to keep your wrist from breaking with the recoil (limp-wristing). Limp-wrisiting will cause FTFeed.

Every now and then, though, I do come close to doing the limp-wrist thing with the recoil, and almost have a FTFeed. :oops:

As far as their ammo recommendations, I've used all the ones they mentioned with no problems.

3. Thanks 40cal. This was the first time I've had problems with WWB or my C9.

Gary

4. No problem. :) Hopefully the different brand(s) will make the problem a memory. :wink:

5. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

i've shot nothing but winchester white box and remington jhp, no problems since the magazines broke in.

6. When I sent my JHP45 in, they said not to shoot wolf ammo.

All I know is if a brand works well in you Hi Point, stick to it. Some of them will eat anything, some are finiky as to what they will eat.

I use wolf ammo with minimum problems, I think limp wristing was more of my problem than anything else.

7. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

slightly off topic, but what is wwb? winchester white box?

8. Correctamundo.

9. My 2 mags were well broken in, 500+ rounds. Part of the problem was that they were getting stuck in the mag well when emptied, until I had to pull them out with enough force that one of the the mags broke, leaving the follower caught by the slide, at the top of the mag well. What a pain to get the follower free from the slide.

Gary

10. wd6bgn

wd6bgn Guest

My C9 didn't like stock WWB ammo. I ran the WWB ammo through my bullet seating die and shortend the round by a few thousands. (I set the die to a Remmingtion of same bullet weight and type) Low and behold the WWB worked just fine. Seems a bigger bang though. When our big government check comes out I have two things on my list, 1. chronograph and 2. some sort of tumble case cleaner.

Anyway my C9 seems sensitive to cartrage overall length.

Cheers!

11. wd6bgn

wd6bgn Guest

My C9 didn't like stock WWB ammo. I ran the WWB ammo through my bullet seating die and shortend the round by a few thousands. (I set the die to a Remmingtion of same bullet weight and type) Low and behold the WWB worked just fine. Seems a bigger bang though. When our big government check comes out I have two things on my list, 1. chronograph and 2. some sort of tumble case cleaner.

Anyway my C9 seems sensitive to cartrage overall length.

Cheers!