Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading until I was positively giddy with excitement, I got my first 995 yesterday. Paid way too much for it, but I had to have it yesterday. Before going home, got it to the range. Fed Winchester FMJ, and a hodgepodge of 3 different types of hollowpoints (all in the same magazine) flawlessly. Didn't like the Wolf ammo with the hard primers, though.

Today, I began customization, plus I already have an ATI stock on the way. Here's what I've got so far (and no, I haven't reassembled it all yet):

This was just a test fit to see what it would look like together. Excuse me for working in the laundry room (the paint stinks up the whole house, otherwise...I need to get a workbench in the basement!) I promptly disassembled it to prepare it for a trip back to Mother (see? i'm only a one day owner and I'm already picking up the lingo).

My question...do I have to send my stock back, now that I've painstakingly painted it? And, can I keep the receiver cover too, so I can paint it this week?

From what I've read, this shouldn't be a problem, and I should receive replacement parts for anything missing. But, I am only sending a barreled action, without the stock, handguard, receiver cover, front sight post, and all the attendant hardware. This OK?

Anyway, thanks for all of you guys who post here...reading about all the fun you've had with your 995's is what made me have to have one. Thanks for liberating me from that burdensome money that was burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
But, I am only sending a barreled action, without the stock, handguard, receiver cover, front sight post, and all the attendant hardware. This OK?
I'd like to know also! Mine was NIB (purchased last weekend) and after approx. 50 rounds of Blazer yesterday, it has what appears to the 2 cracks in the bolt! :mad:
I was wiping it down today (that Blazer is filthy stuff!) and saw what looks like vertical cracks starting on the edges of the bottom "foot" and running straight up across the bolt face. They're close to parallel about the width of the primer and ending near where the top of the case hits. I was able to feel the cracks with the tip of a jewelers screwdriver, so I think she's going back for a checkup before it gets fired again!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
But, I am only sending a barreled action, without the stock, handguard, receiver cover, front sight post, and all the attendant hardware. This OK?
I'd like to know also! Mine was NIB (purchased last weekend) and after approx. 50 rounds of Blazer yesterday, it has what appears to the 2 cracks in the bolt! :mad:
I was wiping it down today (that Blazer is filthy stuff!) and saw what looks like vertical cracks starting on the edges of the bottom "foot" and running straight up across the bolt face. They're close to parallel about the width of the primer and ending near where the top of the case hits. I was able to feel the cracks with the tip of a jewelers screwdriver, so I think she's going back for a checkup before it gets fired again!
I just spoke to HP Tech support regarding both the "cracks" and shipping just the barrel/breach section.

The cracks are just the parting lines from molding the bolt in multiple parts.

He said they require the entire assy (including the stock) when sending for warranty work...

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
You could just buy another factory stock. You can get em on ebay and sometimes on this forum after people ATI theirs. Then if you need to send it in you can stick it in the factory stock and go back to the painted one when you get it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.