Got my jh45 sighted in today.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by kevin6154, May 8, 2014.

1. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1399578595.741399.jpg that's at 20 yards. I still need practice but should be good enough for home defense:)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Did you just raise the rear sight a tad?

3. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

A bit more than a tad. About 3/4 to 7/8 turn. About 1/4 turn to the left. Need to put more rounds thru it. I usually try and go atleast once a week for one box atleast.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh. So, like a tad and a half.:D

Glad its working for you.:)

5. Could of been a tad and 3/4 of a tad also but whos counting..

6. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

All I know is that now I can trust it for home D! Picked up some liberty civil defense fragmenting +p hollow points yesterday. Planning on never using them. I know it'll handle +p but regular federal, blazer. And Tula fmj is what I practice with no need to over stress my curant fav firearm in my small collection.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You need to shoot some of your pet SD ammo, to verify it works, and to zero that ammo.

Really, check it out before you need it, and it jams. Hollow points aren't the same as FMJ.

8. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I hear ya. Nxt time out I'll test a few. I keep 4 loaded first then the other 3fmj just incase. At $25 for 20 I probly won't shoot many though. I like the idea that they won't penetrate thru and if I miss they will not penetrate a wall. I did a little research before I bought them. Usually I carried federal hydroshol hollow points in my ol 357mag. The liberty has a very round nose and are +p so I'm guessing they will run good.

9. I bought a box of wwb hollow points from walmart for 33 bucks for 50 rounds and they work great in my jhp .45 and they do expand nice also, but they are not bonded so the brass pedals tend to come off the lead, but that just leaves more fragments in the bg...

10. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

20 yards?? how big is your friggin living room?!?!...:p

11. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Figure if I'm Acurate at 20yrds, I'll be deadly Acurate at 15ft;)

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You'll be high or low, depending on several variables. Close enough for minute of man, just don't try sniping the guy holding a hostage.:p

13. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I can only realy get up close on a silouette when I go to my friends club. After looking over the sign in logs it looks like I'm one of three or four people that shoot pistols there. The grass is getting thick on the 25 yard range. It's worn down at 20 to 15 yards from people shooting 22lr and shot gun shells. Gotta pick up all your brass and thick grass makes it a bugger. Someone has left tons of 22brass behind. I don't wanna be that guy! So I usually go out to 15/20 just out of ease. I may join my friends club after my membership expires. It's $179 a year, beautiful club so it's worth it to me. Mine is $20 a year. Most of the locals go just for the cheap drinks at the bar and rarely shoot. Wtf? I won't drink and drive and I defiantly won't drink and shoot so the bar is useless to me.

14. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

My bad. I ment that I'm one of 3 or 4 that shoot pistols at my club.

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I just can't imagine living somewhere that I couldn't find a place to go shoot a few rounds at 15-20 feet. Even in the biggest city in Utah, you can drive 30 minutes and be shooting unmolested. In Las Vegas they have these arroyos just west of town, you can shoot anything and you're basically 15-20 minutes from the Strip.

For me...it's 2 minutes.:p

16. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

We used to just head out by my dad's but most of the country side is now owned by gas companies. Plus the locals get sketchy and call the cops when they hear shots. At leas at my gun club I'm legal. Btw no center fire rifle cartridges allowed in allegheny county (where I live) pistol shot gun an rimfire only. Even for hunting.

17. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Decided on federal 185gr hollow points. Didn't care for the liberty.

18. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Very good...at 20 yards, that is about what I can do with my JHP. I took my new C9 to the range yesterday, the second C9 I have bought, and as usual it performed flawlessly. Damn I love my Hi Points. :cool:

19. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Slowly getting better. I'm still breaking in my jcp. I try and shoot atleast one box a week thru it. I always fire at least 2mags out of my jh45. That funky grip on my jcp must help cause I'm more Acurate with it. It only has 350/400 rounds thru it and still nose dives once and a while. My 45 runs well so I trust it for carry and home defense. Once I get to 1000 in my jcp and at least 300 flawless shots I may use it for carry cause it's 10+1 and my jh is 7+1

20. juski_w

juski_w Member

I'm throwing the Hornady jhp +p they are shaped better and work great in my .45

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum