Got my Mosin Nagant M44 today

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hitmanharleyk, Feb 5, 2008.

1. and I have about 2 weeks worth of cleaning to do trying to get all of the Cosmoline off of it ! That is one greasy firearm.
    The gun is in great shape, if you want one go to http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Surplus_and_Used_Long_Guns.html

I got the $69.95 model thinking I was going to replace the stock, but that all changed when it got here because this bad boy is staying stock other than the bolt handle.

[​IMG]

[/img][​IMG]

2. neothespian

neothespian Member

AWESOME score!! Welcome to the fold my friend. Great price on that by the way.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

Congrats! keep her stock always a good way to go!

4. unclerob

unclerob Member

That puppy came with that bolt handle pictured??

5. I had bought that bolt handle for my 91/30 to use with the ATI scope mount, but it wouldn't work so I decide to throw her on this gun ! That will be the only thing I change.

6. Fox

Fox Member

Very Nice lookin' Gun.. The wood looks Great too.. I love My M44!! and I'm sure you will too...

7. :shock:

Gorgeous. I'd heard good stories about Gander Mountain, and -- while I don't have them in ATL -- I today ran across one on a business trip to Grand Rapids, MI.

Certainly OK, but, fa! Nothing like this for the price.

Thanks!

8. That is beautiful. Leave it original. Don't deface a work of art.

9. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

Very nice condition! Keep it as is!

10. See ARI's avatar for a picture of one firing at dusk...... :wink: :lol: