Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Please let us/me know your opinions on the 10 round mag. I just ordered some for my new 380 so I can have a separation of "church and state" with my 8 round clips for my C9.

WR2

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
white_russian2 I will let you know tomorrow ..I know right now just from the way it feels it is awesome, I hope it performs just as well tomorrow. Just a heads up also...the 10 loaded very smoothly compared to the new 8 I got. I was able to put all 10 in the 10 mag with no issue at all, the 8 I still had to fight the 8th one due to the stiff spring.

Pistol Pete, I got it for $18 from http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I only use the 10rd mags with my C9. They work as smooth as buttah. Dad, however, prefers the 8s. Some people don't like the "tupperware" on the 10s, but I like having the extra amount of grip space. My hands are biggish.

G

·
I actually own 4 10-rounder; I sold my 8s to a buddy who has a new C9 and never got any extra mags. Even tho' my hands are small, I like the extra grip at the bottom, plus it's easier to divide 50 rd boxes of ammo into 10 rounders than 8s. If I get my CHL and decide to carry, I might by another 8 in the future (or just ship the pistol home to Mom for a checkup and get a free one!)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have both styles of mags too. Been shooting with em for a few years now. Havent had any probs with either! Just dont like the 10rd when I carry. I have big hands too, but with the hogue grips palm swells and finger grooves, my C9 is very cofortable to handle with the 8 rd. I carry at least one extra MAG with me at all times. Dont like the look of the C9 with the 10rder though. But its not all about looks right.lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
new mags worked like a charm :)
1 of the older mags gave me issue, though I believe it only needs the tip posted here about opening it up a little but I had known that and it was what spurred me to buy the two new ones.

Sadly I only got a half hour in and 54 rounds out :( ..I thought for sure it would not be as packed as it was during the day on a thursday ..lol wth

I will say it is definitely different shooting with the 10 round in and didn't switch back to the 8's while i was there.

So imo thumbs up for real on the 10 round mag!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I did a physical side by side comparison on the C9 and the 380. To me they are 100% identical 'cept for the innards. If I like the way I think I'm going to like the 10 round mags that's the way I'm going to go moving forward.

Bulleseye - glad you experience was positive!
Craig

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Has anyone tried the 15 rounder that is available for the carbine in the C9 ? Probably need a little modification to keep it from wiggling around but looks like it could work?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I might have already posted this already but I like the 10 round mags better as well. Granted more problematic for carry but I intend on buying the Walther PK380 for that purpose.

If time/weather/daughter's schedule allows I'm going to try the 9mm's in the 10 rnd mag this weekend and see if it feeds as well as it did for the .380.

Also, and I can't remember which pistol description I saw it on, but how can you have a speed loader for a magazine?

Thanks-Craig

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
TheGunMan........ I have heard and read on the forum somewhere that the 15 rd would work in the C9, BUT, when I bought my C9, in the gun shop I asked the guy for a 15rd'er and could not get it to stay in..... he looked at me weird, (not unusual if you know me), but said nothing................ It really does look neat though just sitting there.................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts