Got my RC K98 yesterday

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by waltham41, Jun 6, 2008.

1. My Russian Capture K98 came in, not a bad rifle at all, lots of mismatching numbers, but good bore and crown, passed headspace check, no pitting underneath the barrel at all.

In fact, under the barrel is still the german finish.

Ivan also forgot to stamp the X on the side to show it was theirs. I was glad to see that.

Here are some pics, the first one is a stitch of the for sale pic, the rest are mine and I know they suck. :roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

:lol:

2. Very cool--makes me want to go out and buy some surplus rifles!

Cute toes too!

3. NDS these surplus rifles are some of the best buys out there. If you made a new Mauser rifle that is a copy of one of these old war rifles, the quality of workmanship would most likey cost thousands of dollars.

The Mosin Nagants are a great buy also. Where else can you get a real main battle rifle in great shape for under a hundred bucks?

4. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

dangit, now you done made me have to buy one of them there K98's at the gun show next weekend. seriously though, it's a great looking chunk of history there

5. condition1

condition1 Member

dangit, we've got a gun show in town this weekend...
    making me want one. well, another one.

6. Ohhhhhhhh now, ain't that purdy? I want a K98 so bad I can taste cosmoline...
    She's a beaut!! What year/arsenal? Can't tell from the pics.
    Supposedly Big 5 is gonna have a batch, but who knows. C'mon stimulus!!!! I got a K98(or two) reserved and ammo to buy!!!