Got my reloading press this afternoon....

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by rimfirehunter, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ended up getting a Lee Deluxe Turret Press Kit with Auto Index instead of the single stage Anniversary Kit. After talking with a couple long time reloaders at the shop I took their advice and went with the Turret press.

Since I plan on loading for .380, 9mm and .44 Special the Turret press will allow me to set up the dies for each caliber in a turret and when I am ready to swap calibers all I need to do is swap out turrets. The shop I bought the press from didnt have ANY of the dies I need, so will have to order them online along with a good load manual and bullets to get me started with.

Next thing I gotta do is get my hobby room organized and get a reloading area set up. Sounds like a plan for the coming week while the wife is at work and girls are in school. LOL!

rimfirehunter

2. Nice maybe you will have to be my supplier of rounds 8)

3. lazermule

lazermule Member

Good plan

RFH,

Good score! I had a single stage then I went to the Lee turret press with the same intentions as you. I did that for awhile and now I am on to the full all out Lee Loadmaster Progressive. You can also buy the 4 hole turrets for the turret press so you can include a factory crimp die as well on the tool head. I still use my turret press for rifle caliber as I don't shoot near as many of those as I do handguns. It is very nice to have the tool head setup and ready to fly when it's time to load. I reccommend keeping an extra empty turret on hand as well. That way you are read if you happen to pick up a new caliber, or if a buddy needs you to load for them.

LAZER