Got my Slide Back from MoM

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by NWPatriot, Apr 19, 2014.

1. NWPatriot

NWPatriot Member

A week ago today, I sent my JHP slide back to MoM due to what appeared to be a manufacturing defect in the surface of the slide. Here is the thread I posted about that:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f273/what-would-you-do-307778/

Today, exactly one week after I sent it out, I received my replacement slide. I gave it a thorough once over and it appears to me to be in great shape - no sign of the same defect I got the first time around.

I'm glad they were able to turn it around so quickly, I look forward to getting it reassembled and back to the range. I'm pleased with their rapid response to this warranty service.

For those that keep track of these things - no, I did not get a magazine as a result of this warranty repair. Seems like many do, but in this case, I did not.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Only get one if you have to send in your firearm.

3. I've only gotten mags when I sent in my entire firearm.

4. NWPatriot

NWPatriot Member

Oh well, it would have been a bonus if they did send one, I was kind of hoping for one based on what I'd heard of others experiences. Either way, at least I have my gun back and can get back to the range with it again.

5. Free mag after they fixed your stuff under warranty?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  6. talon

talon the banned wagon

he said no. and as its been said, you only get a free mag if you send THE ENTIRE GUN in for repairs, not just by sending in or recieving parts.

7. My statement was about receiving something for free when you got something for free. Sorry

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Many manufacturers pay for your shipping when you need to send your firearm in for repairs. Hi-Point doesn't. The free mag is their way of making it up to you.

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Why do you think we appreciate the Hipoint Warranty and CS so much.