Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand spankin' new to this forum so if im posting this to the wrong place or am doing something wrong please let me know. I apologize in advance!

Grandfather recently died and one of the guns passed down was a first gen 995, I was wondering if I could modify the rifle to look less ugly. lol
Ive been looking around the internet the past couple days and cant find much on the original 995, seems its a pretty dated gun. Any links or other threads you can point me to will be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
Welcome!

The least expensive option would be to replace "Monkey Gun" stock with a TS stock. Hi-Point sells them direct for $61.95. You'll need to provide the serial number so that they get you the correct one for your gun.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Link: Carbine TS Stock Replacement - Hi-Point® Firearms Webshop

Another option is an ATI stock $79.99, it makes the carbine look something like Beretta's carbine. There's been rumors that using the ATI stock will void the lifetime warranty though. (When I had my gun in an ATI stock, I kept the old stock just in case.)
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Electric blue

Link: Hi-Point 9mm Carbine Stock | Black | ATI Outdoors

The last option is the High Tower Armory bullpup stock. At $249.99 it's the most expensive, but it's pretty dang cool looking.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Link: High Tower Armory MBS 95- 9mm-HTAMBS95-9

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
I was wondering if I could modify the rifle to look less ugly. lol <snip> been looking around the internet the past couple days and cant find much on the original 995, seems its a pretty dated gun. Any links or other threads you can point me to will be much appreciated.
People either like the original carbine's look, or they think it's ugly as sin. I've grown to like it, but I admit I wasn't a fan at first.

Actually, the basic gun design inside the stock has remained pretty much the same, with tweaks over time. Probably the biggest internal change was adding LRHO (last round hold open). But yeah, the "995 Classic" carbine (aka "Monkey Gun") has faded to the background. However, factory support is still available and the gun has a lifetime warranty that stays with the gun, no matter who owns it.

Reactions: SDProf

·
Resident PITA
16,312 Posts
a TS stock. Hi-Point sells them direct for $61.95.
I remember thinking nothing of cutting one up because I could replace it for $40 with free shipping.

Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,225 Posts
I knew a feller who painted his monkey gun stock brown to make it appear more like the movie version.

I understand that the movie rifles were M-1 Carbines mounted inside 2" x 4" furniture.

Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
I dig the “monkey gun” look. I agree, it took some time to appreciate it. I must admit though, my 995 is in an ATI stock and I really like it. It did take some fiddling to get it to fit just right, but it’s easy. I think I bought mine on eBay several years ago. I still kept the original stock just in case it has to go back to “mom” for any reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts